The upcoming R training program starts from August 02, 2022
Admission to this program is now closed.
The Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), University of Dhaka, is the leading institution for training and research in Applied Statistics in Bangladesh. It was founded in 1964 by the Late National Professor Dr. Qazi Motahar Husain, an eminent scientist, academician and a leading proponent of the statistical sciences in this country.
After successfully conducting three training programs on R, ISRT is now organizing its fourth on-campus R for Data Analytics program from August 02, 2022. The deadline for registration has been extended to August 2, 2022.
- On campus (in-person) training
- Four classes per week (Saturday-Sunday-Tuesday-Wednesday)
- Number of seats: 40
- Theoretical Knowledge Building
- Practical Problem Solving Sessions
- Classroom Project Presentation
- Tk. 15,000/= (Professionals), Tk. 12,000/= (Students up to Masters level)
- Current DU faculty members and MPhil and PhD students of the University of Dhaka will get a 10% discount on professional’s registration fee and will pay Tk. 13,500 for registration.
- To be considered as “student”, copy of a valid ID card has to be submitted with the application form
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque or Nagad/bKash. For Nagad/bKash payment of an additional cash out charge is applicable to the registration fee. The registration fees + cash out charges are as follows:
- Professional (Nagad: Tk. 15,000 + Tk. 240, bKash: Tk. 15,000 + Tk. 285)
- Student (Nagad: Tk. 12,000 + Tk. 192, bKash: Tk. 12,000 + Tk. 228)
- DU faculty member and DU MPhil/PhD student (Nagad: Tk. 13,500 + Tk. 216, bKash: Tk. 13,500 + Tk. 256)
- For Nagad/bKash payment, we prefer Nagad. Please makeNagad/bKash payments within 9 am – 10 pm.
- Participants should have a background in science/biological science/social science/commerce/medical science/engineering and some knowledge of computer fundamentals
- Participants can be professionals or students (up to masters level).
- Participants must attend a minimum of 9 classes out of a total of 14 classes to obtain a certificate
Steps for Registration
- Step 1: Pay the registration fee by cash or cheque in person or through Nagad/bKash (mobile no: +8801777837643). Please note that for Nagad/bKash payment, a cash out charge is applicable and we prefer payment by Nagad. Please put “your name- R” in the payment reference and call the provided mobile number for confirmation of payment receipt.
- Step 2: Download and fill-up the following documents:
- Step 3: Return the completed and signed documents in-person to the ISRT office ( Mr. Md Mahmudur Rahman, Senior Administrative Officer) or send scanned copies by emailing to email@example.com. If you are applying under the student category you must submit a copy of your up-to-date student ID card with the application in-person or by email. A counter signed copy of the money receipt will be returned to you.
Note that you will start receiving the class routine and other updates from the course coordinator after July 31, 2022.
For admission related information, you are requested to contact the following person within July 31, 2022 from 10:00 am – 4.30 pm (Saturday to Thursday)
- Md Mahmudur Rahman, Senior Administrative Officer, ISRT, University of Dhaka. Room No. 109, ISRT Building, Phone: +880-2-9661920- 73 Ex 8282 (Office), Mobile: +8801717218238, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is R?
R is a programming language and free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. The R language is widely used among statisticians and researchers in other fields for data analysis and developing statistical software. R is easily extensible through functions and extensions, and the R community is noted for its active contributions in terms of packages.
Why should you learn R?
- R is the lingua franca of data science. To master the three core areas of data science- data manipulation, data visualization, and machine learning- R provides an integrated suite of software facilities.
- R is easy to learn and understand, and can be operated from any operating system.
- R is a free and open-source software, enabling every user to create specialized packages according to his need.
- R is one of the most popular programming languages according to a recent survey conducted by O’ Reilly Media in 2021.
- According to the latest rankings by Redmonk, R is placed at 12th, the highest of any statistical programming language.
- R is the tool of choice for data scientists in big companies like Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and also very popular among academicians and researchers.
Why should you choose ISRT to learn R?
- ISRT is the pioneer of using R in academics in Bangladesh. Faculty members and students have been using R for more than 20 years.
- Most of the faculty members are highly skilled and competent in using R. Many of them have experience of developing a number of R packages.
- ISRT has been teaching R to its students since the inception of its bachelor’s program in Applied Statistics.
- ISRT boasts in producing many graduates having expertise in using R over these years, who are successfully employed in many leading industries across the globe.
What are the learning outcomes of the program?
The training program offers comprehensive content designed for researchers, educators and students of diverse backgrounds who have limited knowledge in statistical data analyses, but are enthusiastic to earn competency in learning the computational science of data using R.
The curriculum of this training has been developed to provide-
- basic R programming skills (writing functions, loops, conditions, etc)
- feel more familiar with the R interface and language
- skills to handle any form of data
- basic statistical knowledge required for analyzing data and creating lucrative graphs
- perform all conventional statistical models and analysis tests
- hands-on experience in solving problems related to real-life data
A certificate of participation shall be provided to the trainee who will complete the training course successfully. Participants MUST attend at least 80% (11 classes) out of total 14 classes in order to obtain the certificate.
You can cancel your booking up to five working days before the registration deadline for a full refund, but please give us a notice as early as possible. Places cancelled or changed after this point will not be eligible for a refund. Please send all cancellation requests to email@example.com.
Dr. Mohaimen Mansur
Mrs. Nasrin Lipi
Ms. Noor Jahan Akter