Dr. Qazi Motahar Husain
Dr Quazi Motahar Husain founded the Institute of Statistical Research and Training in 1964 and became its first director. He was born in Faridpur, Bangladesh on July 30, 1897 and died on October 9, 1981. The wikipage on Dr. Qazi Motahar Hussain.
- BSc (Honors) in Physics (Kolkata, 1919), MA in Physics (Kolkata, 1921), MA in Mathematics (Kolkata, 1939), Diploma in Statistics (Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, 1939), PhD in Statistics (Dhaka, 1951)
- Design of experiments
- Hussain, Q.M. (1940). A note on examination marks, Sankhya, 4, pp 563-566.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1941). Standardization of examination marks, Sankhya, 5, pp 295-300.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1943). A note on interaction, Sankhya, 6, pp 321-322.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1945). Symmetrical incomplete block design with \lambda=2, k=8 or 9, Bulletin of Calcutta Mathematical Society, 37, pp 115-123.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1945). On the totality of solutions for symmetrical incomplete block designs: \lambda= 2, k = 5 or 6, Sankhya, 7, pp 204-208.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1946). Impossibility of symmetric incomplete block designs: \lambda= 2, k = 7, Sankhya, 7, pp 317-322.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1948). Structure of some incomplete block designs, Sankhya, 8, pp 381-384.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1948). Alternative proof of the impossibility of the symmetric design with \lambda= 2, k = 7, Sankhya, 8, pp 384.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1954). An alternative proof of the number of m-flats in n-dimensional finite projective geometry from Galois field g.f. [p], where p is it prime number and n is a positive integer, Proc. Pakistan Statist. Association, pp 3-4, 1954-55.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1958). Star design, Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin, 8, pp 110-118 (addendum 8, pp 69), 1958-59.
- Hussain, Q.M. (1961). A note on the symmetrical balanced incomplete block (SBIB) design with k=9: \lambda=2, Bulletin of International Statistical Institute, 38(4), pp 11-16.