Training Programs on SPSS and Stata
Admission for January 2021 program (26th Batch of SPSS and 10th Batch of Stata) is now open. Registration deadline has been extended upto December 28, 2020.
ISRT offers training programs on Applied Statistics using SPSS and Applied Statistics using Stata regularly. These programs aim to train the participants in a basic idea of statistics while elaborating how to interpret the results obtained from SPSS/Stata output. New features of the program include exclusive classes to develop, discuss, and solve practical research problems using large-scale survey data and group presentation of research findings.
Upcoming Programs (January 02, 2021 – February 02, 2021)
- Applied Statistics using SPSS [26th Batch]
- Applied Statistics using Stata [10th Batch]
- Hands-on training
- Building theoretical knowledge
- Detailed analysis of large-scale survey data using SPSS/Stata
- Solving research problems in groups and presentation of findings
- Providing hardcopy of training manual
- Registration deadline: December 22, 2020
- Training duration: January 02, 2021 to February 02, 2021
- Class time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm (student and professional)
- Class days:
- Saturday-Monday-Wednesday for Applied Statistics using Stata
- Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday for Applied Statistics using SPSS
Number of Seats
- SPSS – 40 (students and professionals)
- Stata – 40 (students and professionals)
- Virtual classroom using Zoom
- Tk. 10,000/= (Professionals), Tk. 8,000/= (Students)
- MPhil and PhD students of the University of Dhaka will get a 10% discount on professionals’ registration fee.
- To be considered a “student”, a participant must be a regular student of honors or masters program. Note that a copy of a valid ID card has to be submitted with the application form
- Payment has to be made by Nagad/bKash only. Please see below for the details.
- Participants should have a background in science/biological science/social science/commerce/medical science/engineering and some knowledge of computer fundamentals
- Laptop/desktop computer connected with a high-speed internet
- Participants must attend a minimum of 9 classes out of a total of 14 classes to obtain a certificate
- Main features, course outline and application form can be downloaded from the following links
Steps for Registration
- Step 1: Send the registration fee through Nagad/bKash to +8801777837643. Note that we prefer sending by Nagad. If possible put “your name- SPSS (or Stata)” in the reference while sending the money. Please call at this number for confirmation of receiving the amount.
- Step 2: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org the filled-up application form, money receipt and course agreement form. Also, send the scanned copy of the up-to-date ID card if you claim for the student category.
- We will send back the money receipt after signing it.
Note that you will receive routine and other updates from the course coordinator towards the end of December 2020.
For admission related information, you are requested to contact the following person within December 22, 2020 from 10:00 am – 4.30 pm (Saturday to Thursday)
- Md Mahmudur Rahman, Senior Administrative Officer, ISRT, University of Dhaka. Room No. 109, ISRT Building, Phone: +880-2-9661920- 73 Ex 8282 (Office), Mobile: +8801717218238, Email: email@example.com
If you wish to be notified of upcoming training programs you may subscribe to the training mailing list. Note that, this mailing list will be refreshed (i.e., all email addresses will be deleted) every year after the training program is completed.