Dr. Tamanna Howlader
BSc, MSc (Dhaka University, Dhaka), MSc (Concordia University, Montreal), PhD (Concordia University, Montreal)
Statistical Image Processing, Multivariate data analysis, Genetic Epidemiology, Survival Analysis
i) Howlader, T. (with Sanjit Roy and S.M. Mahbubur Rahman) (2013). Image fusion technique using multivariate statistical model for wavelet coefficients. Signal, Image and Video Processing, Vol. 7, No. 2, 355-365.
ii) Howlader, T. (with M. Mushfiqul Alam and S.M. Mahbubur Rahman) (2012). Entropy-based image registration method using the curvelet transform. Signal, Image and Video Processing (published online). doi:10.1007/s11760-012-0394-1.
iii) Howlader, T (with Chaubey, Y.P.) (2010). Noise Reduction of cDNA Microarray Images Using Complex Wavelets, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 19, No. 8, 1953-1967.
iv) Howlader, T (with Chaubey, Y.P.) (2009). Wavelet-Based Noise Reduction by Joint Statistical Modeling of cDNA Microarray Images, Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, Vol 3, No. 2, 349-
v) Howlader, T. (with Sarkar, M.M.A. and Huq, M.M.R.) (2007). Determinants of AIDS Awareness Among Women in Bangladesh, Asian Social Science, Vol 3, No. 11, 116-120.
- Howlader, T. (2009). Wavelet-based noise reduction for cDNA microarray images, Ph.D. thesis, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Concordia University, Canada.
- Howlader, T. (2005). Assessing Power to Detect Gene-Environment Interactions Using Surrogate Outcomes: A Simulation Study, M.Sc. thesis, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Concordia University, Canada.
- Howlader, T. (2001). A Model Building Strategy for the Cox’s Proportional Hazards Regression Model, M.Sc. thesis, Institute of Statistical Research and Training, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Image Fusion Technique Using Bayesian MAP Estimation of Wavelet Coefficients, the First International Conference on Theory and Applications of Statistics, Dec. 26-28, 2010, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Microarray Image Analysis, workshop on “Introduction to Microarray Data Analysis”, Department of Statistics, University of Dhaka, Dec. 25, 2010, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Statistics in Image Processing: An Application to Microarray Images Using Complex Wavelets, Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics, Oct. 20, 2010, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Improved Estimation for cDNA Microarray Images in Wavelet Domain, Joint Meeting of the Statistical Society of Canada, May 25-29, 2008, Ottawa, Canada.
• Reducing Noise in cDNA Microarray Images Using Wavelet-based LMMSE Estimator, WNAR-IMS Meeting, June 22-25, 2008, Davis, California, USA.
• Bivariate Estimator for cDNA Microarray Images Using Complex Wavelets, 2008 International Conference on Bioinformatics & Computational Biology, July 14-17, 2008, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
• Using Surrogate Outcomes for Improving Power to Detect Gene-Environment Interactions, Joint Statistical Meetings, July 29-Aug 2, 2007, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
• Statistical Signal Processing (Graduate level)
• Applied Multivariate Data Analysis (Undergraduate level)
• Industrial Statistics and Operations Research (Undergraduate level)
• Statistical Inference (Undergraduate level)
• Actuarial Statistics (Undergraduate level)
• Mathematical Methods (Undergraduate level)
Member, International Statistical Institute (ISI)
Life member, Bangladesh Statistical Association (BSA)
Life member, Bangladesh Association for the Advancement of Science (BAAS)
Member, Statistical Society of Canada (SSC) [Sep 2005- Aug 2008]
Member, American Statistical Association (ASA) [Jun 2007-May 2008]
Member, Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS) [June 2007- May 2009]
Member, American Mathematical Society (AMS) [June 2007- May 2009]