B.Sc and M.Sc in Applied Statistics, ISRT, University of Dhaka
Bio-statistics, Public Health, Survival Analysis, Stochastic Processes, Longitudinal Data Analysis, Research Methodology and Social statistics
- T Akter, EB Sarker , MS Rahman (2018). A Tutorial on GEE with Applications to Diabetes and Hypertension Data from a Complex Survey. Journal of Biomedical Analytics, Vol 1(1).
- Hasan M, Sutradhar I, Akter T, Das Gupta R, Joshi H, Haider MR, et al. (2018) Prevalence and determinants of hypertension among adult population in Nepal: Data from Nepal Demographic and Health Survey 2016. PLOS ONE 13(5) (https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0198028).
- Paritosh k. Roy, Md Hasinur R. Khan, Tahmina Akter, M. Shafiqur Rahman (2019). ‘Exploring socio-demographic and geographical variations in prevalence of diabetes and hypertension in Bangladesh: Bayesian spatial analysis of national health survey data’. Spatial and Spatio-temporal Epidemiology, 29(71-83).
- Trends and Determinants of Common Non-communicable Diseases in Bangladesh: Evidence from Recent BDHS Studies (with Dr. Md Hasinur Rahaman Khan), UGC of Bangladesh, 2017-18.
- Comparison of Competing Risks Regression Models. Supervisor: Dr. A. H. M. Mahbub Latif, Professor
Institute of Statistical Research and Training (I.S.R.T.), University of Dhaka
- Factors Affecting Antenatal Visits among Ever-Married Women in Bangladesh. Supervisor: Md. Asaduzzaman, Associate Professor, Institute of Statistical Research and Training (I.S.R.T.), University of Dhaka
- “Comparison of Competing Risks Regression Models”, presented at Second International Conference on Theory and Applications of Statistics, 2015; organized by Dhaka University Statistics Department Alumni Association (DUSDAA), 27-29 December, 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Scholarships and Awards
- Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka “Dean’s Award 2013” for the performance in 2013 B.S. (honors) examination in Applied Statistics, 2015.
- ISRT merit scholarship for B.Sc(Hons) result from the year 2010 to 2013.
- Advanced Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Programming with C/C++
- Linear Algebra (as practical)
- Shaila Sharmin: “Model Validation and Classification Using Decision Tree and Logistic Regression Among Hypertensive Women in Bangladesh“
- Rasel: “Generalized Estimating Equations : Identifying Factors of Morbidity of the Children Aged
Under Five Years”