Dr Mohammad Shahed Masud
BSc, MSc (Dhaka), PhD (Plymouth)
Missing data analysis, Statistical methods in computational neuroscience
- Masud, M.S. and Rahman, M.M. (2001). An Application of EM Algorithm to Multiple Regression with Missing Values of Independent Variables. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, 36 (1-4), 67-76.
- Masud, M.S. and Rahman, M.M.(2004).Multiple Linear Regression with Missing Covariate Values. Journal of Statistical Research, vol.38, No.1,pp.91-107.
- Raheem, S.M.E., Sultana, S.S. and Masud, M.S. (2006). Factors contributing to Bangladesh’s GDP: A Principal Component Factor Analysis Approach. BRAC University Journal, Vol III, No 1, pp. 27-33.
- Masud, M.S. and Rahman, M.M. (2007). Multiple Logistic Regression with Missing Covariate Values. The Dhaka University Journal of Science. Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 13-17.
- Masud, M.S. and Borisyuk, R. (2011). Statistical technique for analysing functional connectivity of multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 196 (1), 201-219. doi:10.1016/j.jneumeth.2011.01.003.
Rahman, M.S., Howlader, T., Masud, M.S., and Rahman, M.L. (2016). Association of Low-Birth-Weight with Malnutrition in Children under Five Years in Bangladesh: Do Mother’s Education, Socio-Economic Status, and Birth Interval Matter? PLoS One; v11(6): e0157814. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0157814.
Hossain, M.B., and Masud, M.S. (2016). Performance of Hotelling T-square control chart over Shewhart x bar control chart for monitoring the process mean: a simulation study. Journal of Mathematics and Statistical Science, Vol-2, Issue-8, pp-498-512.
Biswas, R.K., Masud, M.S. and Kabir E. (2016). Shewhart control chart for individual measurement: an application in a weaving mill. Australian Journal of Business, Social Science and Information Technology, Vol 2, Issue 2, pp-89-100.
Khan, M.H.R., Afrin, S. and Masud, M.S. (2016). Mortality forecasting using Lee-Carter model implemented to French mortality data. The Dhaka University Journal of Science; 64(2): 99-104.
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101.
- Islam, M.M. and Masud, M.S. (2018). Health care seeking behaviour during pregnancy, delivery and the postnatal period in Bangladesh: Assessing the compliance with WHO recommendations. Midwifery. 63 (2018) 8–16.
- Islam, M.M. and Masud, M.S. (2018). Determinants of frequency and contents of antenatal care visits in Bangladesh: Assessing the extent of compliance with the WHO recommendations. PLoS ONE 13(9): e0204752. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0204752.
- Masud, M.S and Borisyuk, R (2009). A new method to study functional connectivity of spike trains. Workshop on Mathematical Neuroscience, Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- Masud, M.S and Borisyuk, R (2009). Modulated renewal process and statistical analysis of multiple spike trains. The 8th International Workshop on Neural Coding, Tainan, Taiwan.
- Masud, M.S and Borisyuk, R (2010). Spike train metric based on Cox method. Workshop on Spike Train Measures and Their Applications to Neural Coding, Plymouth, United Kingdom.
- Masud M.S. and Borisyuk R (2009). Modulated renewal process and statistical analysis of multiple spike trains. Frontiers in Neuroinformatics 2009. Conference Abstract: 2nd INCF Congress of Neuroinformatics, pp 49.
- Regression Models with Missing Covariate values and Application to Maternal Pregnancy Data. MSc thesis, Institute of Statistical Research and Training, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- New statistical methods to derive functional connectivity from multiple spike trains. PhD thesis, School of Computing and Mathematics, University of Plymouth, United Kingdom.