Md. Shaddam Hossain Bagmar
Office: On study leave
- PhD Candidate (from Fall 2019) in Biostatistics, McGill University, Canada
- MSc in Statistics, University of Calgary, Canada
- MSc and BSc in Applied Statistics, ISRT, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Causal Inference, Machine Learning, Design of Experiments, Biostatistics, Bayesian Analysis, Spatial Statistics
- MSH Bagmar and MM Khudri (2020). Application of box-jenkins models for forecasting drought in north-western part of Bangladesh. Environmental Engineering Research.
- MSH Bagmar with Sanjoy Roy and others (2020). Examining the nexus between land surface temperatures and urban growth in Chattogram Metropolitan Area of Bangladesh using Landsat series data, Urban Climate, 32.
- MM Khudri, MSH Bagmar, AM Redwan (2019). Characterisation of Spatio-Temporal Trend in Temperature Extremes for Environmental Decision Making in Bangladesh. International Journal of Global Warming, 19(4):364-381.
- MSH Bagmar (2019) Performance of new proposed criteria in inferential procedures and robustness under missing observations. Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, 40 (1): 115-128.
- A Emran, S Roy, MSH Bagmar, and C Mitra. (2018). Assessing Topographic Controls on Vegetation Characteristics in Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) from Remotely Sensed Data. Remote Sensing Applications: Society and Environment, 11:198-208.
- MSH Bagmar, and MM Khudri (2015). Tracking Changes and Identifying Determinants of Child Malnutrition Status over the Past Decade in Bangladesh. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 14(12):964-971.
- MSH Bagmar, S Ahmed, and ST Deepty (2014). Comparative Analysis of Revenue and Expenditure of Bangladesh Railway and the Future Trends. Journal of Finance and Banking, University of Dhaka, 12 (1&2):45-61.
Awards and Achievements
- Nominated for a 2020/2021 Differential Fee Waiver (DFW) by the Faculty of Medicine, McGill University.
- Student Travel Award for attending the Statistical Society Canada (SSC) Annual Meeting held at University of Carleton, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, May 31-June 4, 2020. [CAD 500]
- PIMS Financial Support for attending `2018 Industrial Problem Solving Workshop’ (IPSW) held at University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, August 19-24, 2018. [CAD 200]
- CANSSI/SAMSI Travel Award for attending the workshop on uncertainty quantification (UQ) held at Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada, July 23-27, 2018. [CAD 850]
- CRM Travel Award for attending the workshop on causal inference held at University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, June 25-27, 2018. [CAD 500]
- ISI RSC Travel Award for attending the ISI Regional Statistics Conference 2014, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, November 16-19, 2014. [CAD 1100]
- Dean’s Award 2011 under the Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka for the academic excellence in B.S. Honours Examination.
- Talent Pool Scholarship from University of Dhaka for the academic excellence in B.S. Honours Examination.
- Dhaka Board Scholarship 2006 for the outstanding result in the higher secondary certificate examination.
- Dhaka Board Scholarship 2004 for the outstanding result in the secondary school certificate examination.
- Junior Scholarship 2001 from educational board Dhaka for the outstanding result in the examination.
- Farabi Raihan Shuvo (Batch-16), Comparing Different Optimal Criteria in Search of Optimal Block Designs, 2014.
- Nahid Istiak (Batch-18), D-optimal Designs for Non-linear Mixed Effect Models Using MCMC Approach, 2016.
- Sunanda Das, Batch-16, Economic Growth Response to Monetary and Fiscal Policies: Evidence From Bangladesh Economy, 2014
- Shah Md. Amin Ahsan, Batch-17 (Intern), Digitalization of Trade License Delivery in Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) area, 2015
- Shamima Pervin, Batch-17 (Intern), Simplified Pension Procedure for Primary School Teachers, 2015
- Papon Das, Batch-17, Evidence of Women’s Empowerment in Bangladesh: a Study of Socio-spatial Disparities, 2016
- M. Rezaul Hasan, Batch-18 (Intern), Baseline Survey on Connecting Bangladesh Health Service, 2016
- Md Mahamudul Hasan, Batch-17, Impact of Housing Environment on Poverty in Bangladesh, 2014
- Jannatul Ferdaush, Batch-17, Malnutrition in Bangladesh: Trends and Determinants, 2014
- MD. Maidul Husain, Batch-18, Modeling Household Fertility Decision with Generalized Poisson Regression, 2015
- Dutiswar Paul, Batch-18, Factors Effecting Diabetic Status Considering Gender Disparity in Bangladesh, 2015
- Saddam Hossain Irfan, Batch-19, A Partial Modification of Duckworth-Lewis Method for Resetting a Fair Target in Interrupted One Day International (ODI) Matches, 2016
- Ummay Khayrunnesa Anika, Batch-19, A Comparison of Linear and Quantile Regression for Modeling Birth Weight Data, 2016
- Md. Mohsin, Batch-20, Analysis of What Determine the Transfer Fees of Football Players, 2017
- Nayma Hossain, Batch-20, Assessing the Model Selection Criteria in Time Series analysis for Future Prediction, 2017
- Oly Ahmed, Batch-20, A Partial Modification of Criteria to Select Best Eleven in Twenty20 Cricket, 2017
University of Calgary
- STAT 213: Introduction to Statistics I (Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Spring 2019)
- STAT 217: Introduction to Statistics II (Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Winter 2019)
- MATH 249: Introductory Calculus (Fall 2017, Spring 2019)
- STAT 205: Introduction to Statistical Inquiry (Fall 2018)
- STAT 323: Introduction to Mathematical Statistics (Winter 2018)
- STAT 431: Introduction to Biostatistics (Winter 2019)
University of Dhaka
- AST 103: Programming with C (2014)
- AST 131: Statistical Computing I [C and Linear Algebra] (2015, 2016, 2017)
- AST 304: Epidemiology (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- AST 401: Advanced Probability and Stochastic Processes (2015, 2016, 2017)
Department of Psychology
- PSY 205: Data Analysis and Computers (2016, 2017)