Dr. Syed Shahadat Hossain
Experimental Design, Sampling Methods, Bayesian Analysis, Environmental Statistics
- S. S. Hossain and N. Awan (2016). Efficient Estimation in Two-stage Randomized Clinical Trials Using Ranked Sets, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics.
- P. K. Roy, J. Gulshan and Hossain, S. S. (2016). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 1-18.
- H. S. Akareem and Hossain, S. S. (2016). Determinants of education quality: what makes students’ perception different?, Open Review of Educational Research, 3 (1), 52-67.
- M. S. Alam and Hossain, S. S. (2016). A Geostatistical Approach to Predict the Average Annual Rainfall of Bangladesh, Journal of Data Science, 14 (1), 149-165.
- F. Chowdhury, J. Gulshan, and Hossain, S. S. (2015). A Comparison of Semi-parametric and Nonparametric Methods for Estimating Mean Time to Event for Randomly Left Censored Data, Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods. 14(1), 196-207.
- Hossain, S. S., Chowdhury, M. and Sadia, F. (2015). Parametric Approaches for Estimating the Number of Species of Water Birds of Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Statistics, 7(4), 1-13.
- J. Gulshan, Mina, M. M. and Hossain, S. S. (2015). Migration Pattern in Bangladesh: A Covariate Dependent Markov Model, Journal of Applied Statistics, Published by Taylor and Francis Group.
- Farhana Sadia, Hossain, S. S. (2014). Contrast of Bayesian and Classical sample Size Determination. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods., 13(2), 420-431.
- Roy, P. K., and Hossain, S. S. (2014). Predicting arsenic concentration in groundwater of Bangladesh using Bayesian geostatistical model. Environmental and Ecological Statistics, 21, 583-597. Published by Springer.
- Hossain, S. S. The Efficiency of Improved Ranked Set Sampling, unpublished Ph. D. thesis, School of Computing and Mathematics, Deakin University, Australia, 1999
- Hossain, S. S. Estimation of variance components of heteroscedastic random ANOVA model: A Monte Carlo study, unpublished M. Sc. thesis, Department of Statistics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1989
Scholarships and Awards
- January 2008, Received Commonwealth fellowship award as Visiting Fellow at School of Mathematics & Statistics, University of Newcastle,UK.(duration six months)
- January 1996, Received Deakin University Post Graduate Research Scholarship for conducting Ph.D. research (duration 3 years).
- Sep 1989, Received the Q.M. Husain award for being placed in the First Class First Position in The M.Sc. Examination, Department of Statistics, University of Dhaka.
- Sep 1988, Received the Q.M. Husain award for being placed in the First Class Second Position in The B.Sc. (Honours) Examination, Department of Statistics, University of Dhaka.