Dr. Quazi Md. Mafizur Rahman
- Ph.D. in Economics (Econometrics): 1970. Texas A & M University, USA. Minor : Statistics, Mathematics
- M. Sc. in Statistics : 1962. University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Statistics : 1961. University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Minor : Mathematics, Physics
- I.Sc. (College) : 1958. B.M. College, Barisal, Bangladesh. Sub: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Matric (High School) : 1956. Jhalakati Govt. High School Jhalakati, Bangladesh. Distinction in Mathematics
- ‘An Optimal Investment and Financial Control Model: Theoretical Solution and a Application’, Ph.D. Dissertation. (Abstract published in American Economic Review, vol. 60, 1970.)
- ‘Programs and Activities of Different Computer Centres in Bangladesh’, Final Report of the UNESCO Regional Meeting of Computer Centre Directors in South and Central Asia, Kathmandu, Nepal, 1979, pp. 40-46.
- ‘The Energy Problem in Asia and the Pacific : State of the Art (Bangladesh)’, Proceedings of the Project Development Meeting on Energy, ADIPA, Bangkok, Thailand, 1980, pp. 1-4.
- ‘Studies of Rural Energy Demand and Supply in Bangladesh’, Proceedings of the Project Development Meeting on Energy’, ADIPA, Bangkok, Thailand, 1980, pp. 5-7.
- “Informatics Activities in Bangladesh and Project ‘RINSCA” (Coauthors : A. M. Patwari and A.F.M. Nurul Alam),Proceedings of Regional Seminar on Application of Infromatics in South and Central Asia, New Delhi, India, 1983, pp. 61-82.
- “Efect of Outliers in Regression Analysis : A Case Study Using Tobin’s Data” (Co-author : A.U. Ahmed), Journal of Statistical Research, Vol. 17, 1983, pp. 63-74.
- ‘Test of Hypothesis and Test of Significance’ (Co-author : M. Kabir), Basic Methods of Evaluative and Action Research, NIPORT, Dhaka, 1984, pp. 118-130.
- ‘Some Aspects of Rural Income Distribution in Bangladesh’ (Co-author : Abdul Ghani), Changing Pattern of Employment and Income Distribution, Edited by I.Z. Bhatty, ADIPA, Kuala Lumpur, 1985, pp. 29-38.
- ‘Population and Poverty in Rural Bangladesh’ (Co-author : Pk. Md. M. Rahman), Proceedings of the Second National Conference of Bangladesh Population Association, 1985, pp. 164-171.
- ‘Rates and Ratios in Demography’, Population and Rural Development, Edited by M.A. Mabud and Q.M. Rahman, Organization for Population and Development (OPD), Dhaka, 1990, pp. 112-118.
- ‘Household Size and Consumption Pattern in Rural Bangladesh’ (Co-author : A.U. Ahmed, S. Khan and M.N. Islam), Proceedings of the Second National Conference of Bangladesh Population Association, 1985, pp. 142-153.
- ‘On Predication from the Location-Scale Model with a Compound Error Distribution’ (Co-author : M. Safiul Haq),Statistische Hefte, Vol. 33, 1992, pp. 361-366.
- ‘Population Program and Policy Issues in Bangladesh’ (Co-author : Rejuan Hossain Bhuiyan), Socio-Economic History of Bangladesh : Essays in Memory of Professor Shafiqur Rahman, Edited by M. Mufakharul Islam, Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, 2004, pp. 193-216.
- 1987 to date: Professor,Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT).University of Dhaka
- 1983-87: Associate Professor and Director, Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT). University of Dhaka
- 1974-83: Associate Professor, Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT). University of Dhaka
- (Was a part-time teacher in the Department of Economics, University of Dhaka from July, 1975-January, 1976 for teaching a course on ‘Mathematical Economics and Econometrics’ at the Master’s class)
- 1973-74: Associate Professor of Agricultural Economics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh
- 1970-73: Assistant Professor of Agricultural Economics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh
- 1966-70: (US AID Scholarship for higher studies leading to Ph.D. degree at Texas A&M University, USA)
- 1963-66: Assistant Professor and Head of the Department of Statistics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh
- 1963: Deputy Assistant Director of Agriculture, Government of East Pakistan (now Bangladesh)
Knowledge of Languages
- Bengali (mother tongue) : Read, Write, Speak
- English: Read, Write, Speak
- German: Reading Knowledge
- French: Reading Knowledge
- Arabic : Reading Knowledge
- Russian: Reading Knowledge
Scholarships and Fellowships Availed and Periods thereof
- US AID scholarship for higher studies leading to Ph. D. degree at Texas A & M University, USA, 1966-70.
- UNFPA fellowship for participating in the ‘Interregional Demographic Training and Research Program in Population and Development Planning’ at Moscow State University, Russia, 1978.
- UNESCO fellowship for participating in the ‘Regional Course on Application of Computers for Development’ at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, India, 1981.
- UN Department of Technical Cooperation fellowship for participating in the ‘Workshop on Micro-Computer Software Packages COXTALLY and EASWESPOP’ at the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Bangkok, Thailand, 1985.
- Member, Bangladesh Economic Association
- Vice-President, Bangladesh Economic Association (1974)
- Member, Bangladesh Statistical Association
- Secretary-General, Bangladesh Statistical Association (1985-1986)
- Vice-President, Bangladesh Statistical Association (1987-1988)
- President, Bangladesh Statistical Association (2003-2004)
- Member, Bangladesh Unnayan Parished
- Member, Bangladesh Population Association
- Member, Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- Member, American Alumni Association (AAA), Bangladesh
- Member, Rotary Club of Motijheel
Editorial Assignment :
- Managing Editor from 1974-1986 of Journal of Statistical Research (JSR), an international core journal in Statistics published by Dhaka University Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT).
- Member, Editorial Board, JSR, 1988 to date.
- Member, Editorial Sub-Committee, Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh (Science), 1988-1989.