B.Sc. (Hons.) and M.S. in Applied Statistics, Institute of Statistical Research and Training, University of Dhaka
Sampling methodology, Survey data analysis, Multivariate analysis, Survival analysis and Biostatistics, Demography, Multilevel and mixed effects modeling, Longitudinal data analysis, Statistical computing with R, SAS, SPSS and Stata.
- Khan, J. R., Awan, N., & Misu, F. (2016). Determinants of anemia among 6–59 months aged children in Bangladesh: evidence from nationally representative data. BMC Pediatrics, 16(1), 1-12.
- Hossain, S. S., & Awan, N. (2017). Efficient estimation in two-stage randomized clinical trials using ranked sets. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, 1-16.
- Khan, J. R., & Awan, N. (2017). A comprehensive analysis on child mortality and its determinants in Bangladesh using frailty models. Archives of Public Health, 75(1), 58.
- Khan, J. R., Islam, M. M., Awan, N., & Muurlink, O. (2018). Analysis of low birth weight and its co-variants in Bangladesh based on a sub-sample from nationally representative survey. BMC Pediatrics, 18(1), 100.
- Wilkinson, A., Muurlink, O., Awan, N., & Townsend, K. (2018). HRM and the health of hospitals. Health services management research, 0951484818805369.
- Shanto, S. I., & Awan, N. (2019). A sequential principal component-based algorithm for optimal lineup and batting order selection in one day international cricket for Bangladesh. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 1-17.
- Khan, J. R., Awan, N., & Sheikh, M. T. (2019). A Multilevel and Spatial Analysis of the Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices and Associated Factors among the Under-2 Aged Children in Bangladesh. Child Care in Practice, 1-18.
- Awan, N., DiSanto, D., Juengst, S. B., Kumar, R. G., Bertisch, H., Niemeier, J., … & Wagner, A. K. (2019). Interrelationships between post-TBI employment and substance abuse: a cross-lagged structural equation modeling analysis. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Undergrad level courses
- AST 201: Probability Distribution and Simulation (2014, 2015)
- AST 231: Statistical Computing IV (Demography and Sampling) (2016, 2017)
- AST 305: Population Studies (2017)
- AST 308: Data Analysis using SPSS, SAS and Stata (2014, 2015, 2016)
Graduate level courses
- AST 518: Applied Multivariate Techniques (2015, 2016, 2017)
- AST 531: Statistical Computing II (2015, 2016, 2017)
Flexibility of Finite Gaussian Mixture Models in Fitting Some Asymmetric Continuous Distributions. (Supervisor: Paritosh K. Roy)
Efficient Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Two Stage Randomized Clinical Trials. (Supervisor: Dr. Syed Shahadat Hossain)
- Aminul Islam (batch-18). Efficient Estimation in Two-stage Randomized Clinical Trials Using Stratification Approach (2016-17).
- Sangita Paul (batch-17). Assessment of Female Empowerment in Bangladesh Using Structural Equation Modeling (2015-16).
- Md. Abdullah Al-Mamun (batch-16). Hypothesis Testing in Two Stage Randomized Clinical Trial (2014-15).
- Shantonu Islam Shanto (batch-20). Optimal lineup for ODI cricket in Bangladesh (2017).
- Sancharee Chowdhury (batch-20). Assessing the efficiency of Bangladeshi banks by data envelopment analysis (2017).
- Kazi Farhat Tabassum (batch-20). An online based study: how individuals think and behave towards online shopping in Bangladesh (2017).
- Md. Saddam Hossain (batch-19). Impact of Associated Factors on Early Marriage Using Multilevel Logistic Model In Bangladesh (2016).
- Rifat-E-Jahan Siddiquee (batch-19). Determinants of Short Term Interest Rates in Bangladesh (2016).
- Md Forhad Hossain (batch-18). Performance of Some Common Machine Learning Algorithms in Bangla Handwritten Digit Recognition (2015).
- Papon Dash (batch-18). Analysis of the Banking Sector of Bangladesh Using Multivariate Techniques (2015).
- Nusma Rahman (batch-17). A Comparative Study of Constructing Indices: Illustrated with Wealth Index (2014).
- MD. Saddam Hossain (batch-17). Body Mass Index and It’s Associated Variables (2014).
- Md. Shariful Haque (batch-14). Identifying Factor of Knowledge about AIDS/HIV in Bangladesh by Multinomial Logistic Regression Approach (2014).