Dr. Jahida Gulshan
Office: Room 201
- Ph.D. in Applied Statistics, ISRT, ( University of Dhaka)
- M.Sc. in Statistics (Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada )
- M.Sc. in Statistics ( University of Dhaka)
- B.Sc. in Statistics ( University of Dhaka)
Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Survival Analysis, Stochastic Process, Regression Analysis
Wavelet Estimation of Density and Hazard Rate for Randomly Right Censored Data(2005).
- Mahmud, S., Gulshan, J., and Baidya, M. et al. (2022). Outcome of Wilson’s disease in Bangladeshi children: a tertiary center experience, Egyptian Liver Journal, vol.12 , no.64.
- Gulshan, J., Khan, A. and Islam, M.A. (2022) Modelling Correlated Bivariate Binary Data: A Comparative View. Bull. Malays. Math. Sci. Soc. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40840-022-01290-4
- Mahmud, S., Gulshan, J., Parvez, M. et al. (2022) Etiology and outcome of neonatal cholestasis: an experience in a tertiary center of Bangladesh. Egypt Liver Journal 12, 1.https://doi.org/10.1186/s43066-021-00168-7
- Khan, J.R. and Gulshan, J. (2021), Assessing the double burden of malnutrition among Bangladeshi reproductive-aged women: A comparison between unconditional and conditional quantile regression, Health Science Reports. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/hsr2.391
- Saha, P and Gulshan, J. (2021), Systematic Assessment of COVID-19 Pandemic in Bangladesh: Effectiveness of preparedness in the first wave, Frontiers in Public Health (https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2021.628931).
- Mahmud, S., Gulshan, J., Tasneem, F and Ahmed, S.S. (2021) Seroconversion of Hepatitis B Vaccine in Young Bangladeshi Children: A Tertiary Centre Experience, World Journal of Vaccines, 11 (02):7-18. https://www.scirp.org/pdf/wjv_2021030814200028.pdf
- Khan, J.R. and Gulshan, J. (2020) Heterogeneous effects of factors on child nutritional status in Bangladesh using linear quantile mixed model, Biostatistics & Epidemiology, 4(1), 265-281 (https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/24709360.2020.1842048).
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1. https://bmcnutr.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40795-016-0122-2.
- Roy,P.K., Gulshan, J. and Hossain, S.S. (2016). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography: 1-18 (DOI: 10.1007/s40980-016-0025-5)
- Mahmud, S., Ahmed, S., Gulshan, J., Begum, D., Tasneem, F., & Parvez, M. (2016). Percutaneous Liver Biopsy in the Diagnosis of Pediatric Liver Diseases. Bangladesh Journal of Child Health, 40(2), 72-78. https://doi.org/10.3329/bjch.v40i2.31561
- Chowdhury, F., & Gulshan, J. (2016). Drowning of Under 18 Children in Bangladesh: Analysis of Risk Factors Using MICS 2006 Data. Dhaka University Journal of Science, 64(1), 21-24.
- Mahmud, S., Ahmed, S.S., Gulshan, J. and Tasneem, F. (2015). Etiology of Portal Hypertension in Children-An Experience in a Tertiary Centre of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Child Health; VOL 39 (1) : 14-17 (available at http://bpabd.org/journals/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/19-22.pdf).
- Chowdhury, F., Gulshan, J. and Hossain, S. S. (2015). A Comparison of Semi-parametric and Nonparametric Methods for Estimating Mean Time to Event for Randomly Left Censored Data, Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 14 No.(1), 196-207. (Available at: http://digitalcommons.wayne.edu/jmasm/vol14/iss1/17).
- Hossain, S.M.F., Gulshan, J. and Khanam, P.A. (2015). Type 2 diabetes in Bangladesh and associated risk factors, International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries (available at http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13410-015-0376-2).
- Gulshan,J., Mina, M. M. and Hossain, S. S. (2015). Migration Pattern in Bangladesh: A Covariate Dependent Markov Model, Journal of Applied Statistics , 42 (7), 1519 -1530.(available at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02664763.2014.1001327.).
- Gulshan, J. and Farah S. (2014). Age of First Infection of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Dhaka Metropolitan City, Dhaka University Journal of Science , 62 (1), 49-53. (available at http://www.banglajol.info/index.php/DUJS/article/view/21961)
- Sultana, A. and Gulshan, J. (2014). Extent and Background Factors of Physical and Mental Disability in Bangladesh, Dhaka University Journal of Science , 62 (1), 55-58. (available at http://www.banglajol.info/bd/index.php/DUJS/article/view/21962)
- Gulshan, J., Archie, R.J. and Bhuiyan, A. (2013). Determinants of Child Immunization in Bangladesh: An Ordinal Logistic Regression Approach, South Asian Journal of Population and Health , 6 (1 & 2), 1-11.
- Sultana, A and Gulshan, J. (2013). Quantile Regression Models with Partially Functional Effects for Randomly Right Censored Data: A Simulation Study, Journal of Statistical Research,, 47(1), 51-62. (available at http://jsr.isrt.ac.bd/index.php/journal/article/view/16/0)
- Chowdhury, R. I., Islam, M.A., Gulshan, J. and Chakroborty, N. (2007). Delivery complications and healthcare-seeking behaviour: the Bangladesh Demographic Health Survey, 1999-2000, Health & Social Care in the Community, 15 (3),254-264. (available at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2524.2006.00681.x/full)
- Gulshan, J., Chowdhury, R. I., Islam, M. A. and Akhter, H. H. (2005). GEE Models for Maternal Morbidity in Rural Bangladesh, Austrian Journal of Statistics, Vol.34, No.3,295-304.
Paper Published in Conference Proceedings
- Jahida Gulshan and M. Ataharul Islam (2002). An Extension of GEE for Repeated measures with Polytomous Responses, Biostatistical Aspects of Health and Epidemiology,(eds.) C M Pandey, U Singh & P Mishra, Prakashan Kendra, Lucknow, 205-213. [The book is the proceedings of 19th Annual Conference of Indian Society for Medical Statistics held at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, During December 1-3,2001.]
- (2023) Utilization of Maternal Health Care Services among Bangladeshi Women: A Marginal-Conditional Model Approach presented at the first International Dhaka Science Conference for Women-WSTC 2023 organized by Dhaka Nanomaterials Group, AECD, International Science Program, and Uppsala University, Sweden during February 15-16, 2023 at Hotel Pan Pacific Sonargaon, Dhaka (with Mehzabin Ahmed Chowdhury).
- (2019) A Marginal Conditional Model for Covariate Effects on Depression presented at the Second International Conference on Applied Statistics organized by the Institute of Statistical Research and Training, University of Dhaka at Nabab Nawab Ali Chowdhury Senate Bhaban, University of Dhaka, during 27-29, December, 2019.(with Islam M.A. and Khan, A.)
- (2019) Data and research related to gender-biased sex selection presented at the National Capacity Development Workshop on “Gender Biased Sex Selection (GBSS) in Bangladesh” organized by Department of Population Sciences, University of Dhaka in association with United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and European Union (EU) at The Inter Continental Hotels and Resorts, Dhaka 1000 on December 18-19, 2019.
- (2018) A Model for Repeated Binary Outcomes and Comparison with Quasi-likelihood based Approaches, presented at the Institute of Statistical Research and Training April 10, 2018.
- (2017) Analyzing Repeated Measures Data using Joint Models, presented at the Institute of Statistical Research and Training on February 14, 2017.
- (2017) Analyzing Repeated Measures Data using Marginal Conditional Models, invited talk at the International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biostatistics for Agriculture, Health and Environment” jointly organized by the Department of Statistics, University of Rajshahi and Bangladesh Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Association (BBCBA) during 20-23, January, 2017.(with Islam M.A. and Khan, A.)
- (2016), Modeling Correlated Data Using an Extended GEE Approach, invited talk at the International Conference on Analysis of Repeated Measures Data, organized by Department of Applied Statistics, East West University, held at University of Dhaka during November 25-26, 2016. (with Islam M.A. and Khan, A.)
- ( 2015), Modelling Longitudinal Binary Outcomes for Analyzing Covariate Dependence, invited talk at the Second International Conference on Theory and Applications of Statistics organized by Dhaka University Statistics Department Alumni Association (DUSDAA), held at University of Dhaka during December 27-29, 2015. (with Islam M.A. and Khan, A.)
- (with Roy, P.K., and Hossain, S.S., 2014). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, presented in First International Conference on Applied Statistics, ICAS 2014, held at University of Dhaka from December 27-29, 2014.
- Gulshan, J and Oyet, A. J. (2005). Wavelet Estimation of Density and Hazard Rate for Randomly Right Censored Data, presented in 33rd Annual Meeting of Statistical Society of Canada, held at University of Saskatchewan from June 12-15, 2005.
Courses currently teaching
- Elements of Probability (Undergraduate level)
- Linear Regression Analysis (Undergraduate level)
- Advanced Survival Analysis (graduate level)
- Advanced Probability and Stochastic Process (undergraduate level)
- Statistical Computing III (undergraduate level)
- Sampling Techniques (undergraduate level)
- Statistical Inference (undergraduate level)
- Applied Regression Analysis (undergraduate level)
- Life time Data Analysis (undergraduate level)
- Epidemiology (undergraduate level)
- Population Studies (undergraduate level)
- Research Methodology (undergraduate level)