Dr. Md. Israt Rayhan
- Poverty, Risk, Vulnerability
- Md. Israt Rayhan, 2008. Assessing Household Vulnerability and Coping Strategies to Floods: A Comparative Study of Flooded and Non-flooded Areas in Bangladesh, 2005. Cuvilliar Verlag, Goettingen.
- Nahrin Rahman Swarna, Iffat Anjum, Nimmi Nusrat Hamid, Golam Ahmed Rabbi, Tariqul Islam, Ezzat Tanzila Evana, Nazia Islam, Md. Israt Rayhan, KAM Morshed, and Abu Said Md. Juel Miah. 2022. Understanding the impact of COVID-19 on the informal sector workers in Bangladesh. PLoS ONE, 17(3). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0266014
- Md. Saifur Rahman Mazumder and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2022.Rapid Consumption Survey Methodology: An Empirical Study in Bangladesh. South Asian Survey, Sage. https://doi.org/10.1177/09715231221087012
- Tasneem Fatima Alam, Nayeem Sultana and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2019. Structural equation modeling: an application of broadband penetration and GDP growth in Asia. Journal of Economic Structures, 8 (17): 1-11. Springer.
- Tanjina Rahman, Md. Israt Rayhan and Nayeem Sultana. 2017. Human Trafficking and Displacement in South Asia: An Econometric Analysis. Dhaka University Journal of Science, 65(1):73-76.
- Md. Ashikul Islam and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2016. Impact of remittances on poverty: an analysis of developing countries. Global Journal of Quantitative Science, 3(4):9-13.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2015. A Stochastic Model for Early Identification of Infectious Disease Epidemics with Application to Measles Cases in Bangladesh. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health, 27(2):816-23. SAGE.
- Shamsia Sobhan and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2015. Water Consumption in Asia: A Panel Data Analysis. Global Journal of Quantitative Science, 2(2):1-10.
- Md. Ershadul Islam, Ulrike Grote and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2013. Income vulnerability of rural households in Bangladesh: a comparison between Bayesian and classical methods. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 83(6):1179-1187. Taylor & Francis.
- Md. Rashedul Hoque and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2013. Efficiency Measurement on Banking Sector in Bangladesh. The Dhaka University Journal of Science, 61(1):1-5.
- Nayeem Sultana and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2012. Coping strategies with floods in Bangladesh: an empirical study. Natural Hazards, 64(2):1209-1218. Springer.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2012. Spatio-temporal modeling of infectious disease dynamics. Journal of Applied Statistics, 39(4):875-882. Taylor & Francis.
- Mili Roy and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2012. Import Flows of Bangladesh: Gravity Model Approach under Panel Data Methodology. The Dhaka University Journal of Science, 60(2):153-157.
- Fatema Tuz Jhohura and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2012. An Assessment of Renewable Energy in Bangladesh through ARIMA, Holt’s, ARCH-GARCH Models. The Dhaka University Journal of Science, 60(2):159-162.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2011. Modeling of infectious diseases for providing signal of epidemics: measles case study in Bangladesh. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, 29(6):567-573.
- Mili Roy and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2011. Trade Flows of Bangladesh: A Gravity Model Approach. Economics Bulletin, 31(1):950-959.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2011. Does globalization always increase inequality? An econometric analysis in Bangladesh perspective. Journal of Globalization Studies, 2(2):160-172.
- Md. Israt Rayhan. 2010. Assessing Poverty, Risk and Vulnerability: A Study on Flooded Households in Rural Bangladesh. Journal of Flood Risk Management, 3(1):18-24, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Md. Israt Rayhan and Ulrike Grote. 2010. Crop Diversification to Mitigate Flood Vulnerability in Bangladesh: An Economic Approach. Economics Bulletin, 30 (1):597-604.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2010. Socio-economic Inequality in Under-Five Child Mortality: A Statistical Approach to Determine Development Edge in Bangladesh. The Dhaka University Journal of Science, 58(2):201-204.
- Md. Israt Rayhan and Ulrike Grote. 2007. Coping with Floods: Does rural-urban migration play any role for survival in rural Bangladesh? Journal of Identity and Migration Studies, 1(2):82-98.
- Md. Israt Rayhan, M. Sekander Hayat Khan and Md. Shahidullah. 2007. Impacts of Bio-social Factors on Morbidity among Children Aged Under-5 in Bangladesh. Asia-Pacific Population Journal, 22(1):65-75.
- Md. Israt Rayhan and M. Sekander Hayat Khan. 2006. Factors Causing Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 5 (6):558-562.
Award & Scholarship
- Dean’s Award 2013, Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- DAAD Scholarship for Ph.D. in Germany
- Econometric Methods
- Advanced Multivariate Techniques
- Advanced Survival Analysis
- Sampling Techniques
- Operations Research
- Mathematical Economics
- Principles of Economics
- Statistical Inference
- Research Methodology
- Probability and Statistics
- Assessing Household Vulnerability and Coping Stategies to Floods: A Comparative study of Flooded and Non-flooded areas in Bangladesh, 2005. (2008). PhD Thesis, Institute for Environmental Economics and World Trade, University of Hannover, Germany.
- Factors Affecting Malnutrition, Morbidity and Mortality among Under Five Children of Bangladesh (1998-99), M.Sc. Thesis, ISRT, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Life member, Bangladesh Statistical Association (BSA)
- Alumni of Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn, Germany
- Alumni of German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Alumni of Institute of Environmental Economics and World Trade (IUW), Faculty of Economics and Management, University of Hannover, Germany
- Alumni of Old Cadets Association of Sylhet (OCAS)