Dr. Md. Israt Rayhan
- Poverty, Risk, Vulnerability
- Md. Israt Rayhan, 2008. Assessing Household Vulnerability and Coping Strategies to Floods: A Comparative Study of Flooded and Non-flooded Areas in Bangladesh, 2005. Cuvilliar Verlag, Goettingen.
- Tasneem Fatima Alam, Nayeem Sultana and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2019. Structural equation modeling: an application of broadband penetration and GDP growth in Asia. Journal of Economic Structures, 8 (17): 1-11. Springer.
- Tanjina Rahman, Md. Israt Rayhan and Nayeem Sultana. 2017. Human Trafficking and Displacement in South Asia: An Econometric Analysis. Dhaka University Journal of Science, 65(1):73-76.
- Md. Ashikul Islam and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2016. Impact of remittances on poverty: an analysis of developing countries. Global Journal of Quantitative Science, 3(4):9-13.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2015. A Stochastic Model for Early Identification of Infectious Disease Epidemics with Application to Measles Cases in Bangladesh. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health, 27(2):816-23. SAGE.
- Shamsia Sobhan and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2015. Water Consumption in Asia: A Panel Data Analysis. Global Journal of Quantitative Science, 2(2):1-10.
- Md. Ershadul Islam, Ulrike Grote and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2013. Income vulnerability of rural households in Bangladesh: a comparison between Bayesian and classical methods. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 83(6):1179-1187. Taylor & Francis.
- Md. Rashedul Hoque and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2013. Efficiency Measurement on Banking Sector in Bangladesh. The Dhaka University Journal of Science, 61(1):1-5.
- Nayeem Sultana and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2012. Coping strategies with floods in Bangladesh: an empirical study. Natural Hazards, 64(2):1209-1218. Springer.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2012. Spatio-temporal modeling of infectious disease dynamics. Journal of Applied Statistics, 39(4):875-882. Taylor & Francis.
- Mili Roy and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2012. Import Flows of Bangladesh: Gravity Model Approach under Panel Data Methodology. The Dhaka University Journal of Science, 60(2):153-157.
- Fatema Tuz Jhohura and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2012. An Assessment of Renewable Energy in Bangladesh through ARIMA, Holt’s, ARCH-GARCH Models. The Dhaka University Journal of Science, 60(2):159-162.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2011. Modeling of infectious diseases for providing signal of epidemics: measles case study in Bangladesh. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, 29(6):567-573.
- Mili Roy and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2011. Trade Flows of Bangladesh: A Gravity Model Approach. Economics Bulletin, 31(1):950-959.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2011. Does globalization always increase inequality? An econometric analysis in Bangladesh perspective. Journal of Globalization Studies, 2(2):160-172.
- Md. Israt Rayhan. 2010. Assessing Poverty, Risk and Vulnerability: A Study on Flooded Households in Rural Bangladesh. Journal of Flood Risk Management, 3(1):18-24, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Md. Israt Rayhan and Ulrike Grote. 2010. Crop Diversification to Mitigate Flood Vulnerability in Bangladesh: An Economic Approach. Economics Bulletin, 30 (1):597-604.
- Sifat Sharmin and Md. Israt Rayhan. 2010. Socio-economic Inequality in Under-Five Child Mortality: A Statistical Approach to Determine Development Edge in Bangladesh. The Dhaka University Journal of Science, 58(2):201-204.
- Md. Israt Rayhan and Ulrike Grote. 2007. Coping with Floods: Does rural-urban migration play any role for survival in rural Bangladesh? Journal of Identity and Migration Studies, 1(2):82-98.
- Md. Israt Rayhan, M. Sekander Hayat Khan and Md. Shahidullah. 2007. Impacts of Bio-social Factors on Morbidity among Children Aged Under-5 in Bangladesh. Asia-Pacific Population Journal, 22(1):65-75.
- Md. Israt Rayhan and M. Sekander Hayat Khan. 2006. Factors Causing Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 5 (6):558-562.
Award & Scholarship
- Dean’s Award 2013, Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- DAAD Scholarship for Ph.D. in Germany
- Econometric Methods
- Advanced Multivariate Techniques
- Advanced Survival Analysis
- Sampling Techniques
- Operations Research
- Mathematical Economics
- Principles of Economics
- Statistical Inference
- Research Methodology
- Probability and Statistics
- Assessing Household Vulnerability and Coping Stategies to Floods: A Comparative study of Flooded and Non-flooded areas in Bangladesh, 2005. (2008). PhD Thesis, Institute for Environmental Economics and World Trade, University of Hannover, Germany.
- Factors Affecting Malnutrition, Morbidity and Mortality among Under Five Children of Bangladesh (1998-99), M.Sc. Thesis, ISRT, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Life member, Bangladesh Statistical Association (BSA)
- Alumni of Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn, Germany
- Alumni of German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Alumni of Institute of Environmental Economics and World Trade (IUW), Faculty of Economics and Management, University of Hannover, Germany
- Alumni of Old Cadets Association of Sylhet (OCAS)