Office: On study leave
M. S. in Applied Statistics (University of Dhaka, Bangladesh)
B.S (Hons.) in Applied Statistics (University of Dhaka, Bangladesh)
Bayesian Inference, Sampling, Biostatistics, Spatio-temporal Models
- Farhana Sadia, Syed S. Hossain. Contrast of Bayesian and Classical sample Size Determination. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods(Accepted).
- Khudri, M.; Sadia, F.; Determination of the Best Fit Probability Distribution for Annual Extreme Precipitation in Bangladesh . European Journal of Scientific Research, Volume 103, No 3, pp. 391-404, June, 2013.
- A Study on Bayesian sample Size Determination, MS thesis, Institute of Statistical Research and Training, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2009. Supervisor: Dr. Syed Shahadat Hossain [Abstract]
- Farhana Sadia, Syed S.Hossain, Bayesian Sample Size determination for estimating proportion. International Conference on Statistical Data Mining for Bioinformatics, Health, Agriculture and Environment, 22nd – 24th December 2012, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
Scholarships and Awards:
- April 2013, Received UGC Scholarship ‘2009, University Grant Commission, Bangladesh
- 2006-2007, University Pre-Honors Scholarship, University of Dhaka.
Courses Currently Teaching:
- Advanced Multivariate Techniques (Graduate level)
- Actuarial Statistics (Undergraduate level)
- Introductory Sampling Methods (Undergraduate level) 
- Actuarial Statistics (Undergraduate level) 
- Population Studies (Undergraduate level)