Anower Hossain, PhD
I graduated with a BSc (Hons) in Applied Statistics, followed by an MS in Applied Statistics from the Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), The University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Then I worked as a faculty member of ISRT for a few years before doing an MSc in Statistics (2012) from The University of Nottingham, UK. On completion of my PhD (2017) entitled “Missing data in cluster randomised trials” from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), UK, I returned to ISRT and currently working as Associate Professor of Applied Statistics.
Missing data, Trial Methodology, Survival Analysis, and Medical Statistics.
- Eiman Al-Awadhi, Dina Zein, Fatma Mallallah, Nour Bin Haidar, Anower Hossain (2021). Monitoring COVID-19 vaccine acceptance in Kuwait during the pandemic: results from a national serial study. Risk Management and Healthcare Policy (Accepted)
- Sarah Lamb, Julie Bruce, Anower Hossain, et al. (2020). Screening and Intervention to Prevent Falls and Fractures in Older People.The New England Journal of Medicine, 383:1848-1859.
- Felix Achana, Stavros Petrou, Jason Madan, Kamran Khan, Chen Ji, Anower Hossain, et al. (2020). Cost-effectiveness of adrenaline for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Critical Care, 24:579.
- Solveig A. Arnadottir, Julie Bruce, Ranjit Lall, Emma J. Withers, Martin Underwood, Fiona Shaw, Ray Sheridan, Anower Hossain, and Sarah E. Lamb. (2020). The importance of different frailty domains in a population-based sample in England. BMC Geriatrics, 20:16.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2016). Missing continuous outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 26(3), 1543-1562.
Awards and Scholarships
- The 2020 ISI Young Ambassador
- Travel grant (approximately US$1550) from The World Bank to attend ISI World Statistical Congress in Kula Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Conference Awards for Scientists (CASc) 2018 by the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB) and Statistical Society of Australia (SSA).
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) PhD Studentship, Bloomsbury Doctoral Training Centre, London, UK.
- Developing Solutions Scholarship, University of Nottingham, UK.