Anower Hossain, PhD
I graduated with a BSc (Hons) in Applied Statistics, followed by an MS in Applied Statistics from the Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), The University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Then I worked as a faculty member of ISRT for a few years before doing an MSc in Statistics (2012) from The University of Nottingham, UK. On completion of my PhD (2017) entitled “Missing data in cluster randomised trials” from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), UK, I returned to ISRT and currently working as Associate Professor of Applied Statistics.
Missing data methodology, Survival Analysis and Medical Statistics
- Solveig A. Arnadottir, Julie Bruce, Ranjit Lall, Emma J. Withers, Martin Underwood, Fiona Shaw, Ray Sheridan, Anower Hossain, and Sarah E. Lamb. (2020). The importance of different frailty domains in a population-based sample in England. BMC Geriatrics 20, 16 (2020).
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2016). Missing continuous outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 26(3), 1543-1562. DOI: 10.1177/0962280216648357.
- Rahman, R.,Hossain, A. and Hossain, M. Z. (2011). Extended Mallow’s Cp in GEE: An Application to Maternal Morbidity Data. Dhaka University Journal of Science. 59(1 ) , 65-70.
- Hossain, A. and Hossain, S. S. (2009). Numerical Maximum Likelihood Estimation (NMLE) for the g-and-k Distribution Using Ranked Set Sample (RSS), Journal of Statistics, 16, 45-58.
Awards and Scholarships
- The 2020 ISI Young Ambassador to IBS-IBC funding
- Travel grant (approximately US$1550) from The World Bank to attend ISI World Statistical Congress in Kula Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Conference Awards for Scientists (CASc) 2018 by the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB) and Statistical Society of Australia (SSA).
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) PhD Studentship, Bloomsbury Doctoral Training Centre, London, UK.
- Developing Solutions Scholarship, University of Nottingham, UK.