On the 25th of February, 2018 ISRT organized Freshers’ reception for the new first year bachelor students (batch 24) and gave farewell to its eldest Masters students (batch 19). The day-long event was held in the TSC auditorium. Professor Dr. Nasreen Ahmad, the Honorable Pro-vice Chancellor of University of Dhaka, was present as the chief … [ Read More ]
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
On the 12th of February, 2018 ISRT had its annual picnic in the beautiful Sabah Garden in Gazipur. A total of 190 students, faculty members, officers and staffs participated in the event. The third year students (batch 22) were responsible for organizing the picnic and they put together a well-organized event – thanks to them … [ Read More ]
ISRT’s annual picnic for the year 2018 is scheduled for the 12th of February, Monday. The chosen venue is the very beautiful Sabah Garden in Gazipur. All the current students, teachers (including family members) and staffs are welcome to participate. This year the 22nd batch of ISRT (current 3rd years students) are organizing the picnic … [ Read More ]
After 8 years, 20th batch of ISRT had undertaken a successful excursion to India on 27th Dec, 2017. ISRT faculty members M. Shafiqur Rahman and Paritosh Kumar Roy supervised and guided this team with immense effort during the whole expedition. They started their journey from Kolkata visiting the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) and explored Victoria … [ Read More ]
Dr. Khan Abdul Matin has joined ISRT as an Honorary Professor on 2nd January, 2018. He was a Professor and Former Director (Tenure: 04/1994 – 12/1994, 01/1996 – 01/1999) of ISRT. He started his journey as a Lecturer in the Statistics Department of Chittagong College in 1969. He is a former faculty of the Department of … [ Read More ]
Recent Faculty Publications (Selected)
- Sheikh, M.T., Uddin, M.N., and Khan, J.R. (2017). A comprehensive analysis of trends and determinants of HIV/AIDS knowledge among the Bangladeshi women based on Bangladesh Demographic and Health Surveys, 2007-2014. Archives of Public Health, 75 (1): 59. doi: 10.1186/s13690-017-0228-2
- S. S. Hossain and N. Awan (2017). Efficient Estimation in Two-stage Randomized Clinical Trials Using Ranked Sets, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics.
- Roy, Paritosh K. and Gulshan, Jahida and Hossain, Syed S. (2017). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 5(1), 25-42.
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1
- B. Bogacka, Mahbub A. H. M. Latif, S. Gilmour, and Y. Kuresh (2017). “Optimum designs for non-linear mixed effects models in the presence of covariates”. Biometrics, 73(3), 927-937.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- Ali, M., Salehnejad, R. and Mansur, M. (2017). Hospital Heterogeneity: What Drives the Quality of Health Care, European Journal of Health Economics, pp 1-24.
- Alam, M. I., B. Bogacka, and D. Stephen Coad (2017). Pharmacokinetically guided optimum adaptive dose selection in early phase clinical trials. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 111, 183-202.
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60
- Rahman MS, Sultana M (2017). Performance of Firth-and log F-type penalized methods in risk prediction for small or sparse binary data. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:33.
- Mia MN, Hanifi SMA, Rahman MS, Sultana A, Hoque S, Bhuiya, A (2017). Prevalence, pattern and sociodemographic differentials in smokeless tobacco consumption in Bangladesh: evidence from a population-based cross-sectional study in Chakaria. BMJ Open, 7(1).
- M. H. R. Khan and J.E.H. Shaw (2017). Variable Selection for Accelerated Lifetime Models with Synthesized Estimation Techniques. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. (doi: 10.1177/0962280217739522, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan, M.M. Islam and F. Ababneh (2017). Consanguineous Marriage in Jordan: An Update. Journal of Biosocial Science, pp. 1-6 .
- T.T. Islam and M.H.R. Khan (2017). Optimal Portfolio Determination for Developing Country's Vulnerable Stock Market Data. Journal of Statistics & Management Systems. 20(3): 337-354.
- M.B. Hossain, M.H.R. Khan, F. Ababneh and J.E.H. Shaw (2018). Identifying Factors Influencing Contraceptive Use in Bangladesh: Evidence from BDHS 2014 Data, BMC Public Health, 18:192 (published online).
- M.B. Hossain and M.H.R. Khan (2018). Role of Parental Education on Reduction of Prevalence of Childhood Undernutrition in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition, (doi: 10.1017/S1368980018000162, published online).