Professor Dr. Mahbub Latif joins ISRT on May 19, 2019 after serving as a visiting Professor at the St Luke’s International University, Japan for two years 9 months. He left ISRT on August 12, 2016 for the visiting professorship. ISRT overwhelmed to have him back. His presence and experience will surely inspire all the ISRT … [ Read More ]
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
On a regular basis ISRT offers training programs “Applied Statistics Using SPSS” and “Applied Statistics Using Stata”. These two programs started on 27-th March, 2019 and successfully ended on 30-th April, 2019. The certificate giving ceremony among the participants are held on 2nd May, 2019 at ISRT seminar room. The honorable Director of ISRT, Professor … [ Read More ]
Fresher’s reception for the newly enrolled students (Batch 25) of Applied Statistics and the farewell program for master’s students (Batch 20) was held on 24 February 2019 in TSC auditorium. Honorable Pro-vice Chancellor of University of Dhaka, Professor Dr. Muhammad Samad attended as the chief guest of the ceremony. Dr. Md. Israt Rayhan, director of … [ Read More ]
Thirteen MS students of ISRT of academic session 2018-19 have been awarded the “National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship” for their MS Thesis works. The awardees are Tasneem Fatima Alam, Nowrin Nusrat, Ema Akter, Sorif Hossain, Nasim Saba Nishat, Srizan Chowdhury, Nayma Hossain, Fariha Taskin, Shanto Islam, Rezoanoor Rahman, Promit Barua Chowdhury, Mohsina Tusty and … [ Read More ]
ISRT has organized its Annual Picnic 2019 on 12th February at Aronno Bash Resort and Picnic Spot, Pubail, Gazipur. In total around one hundred and ninety students, faculty members, and staff participated in this delightful event. This year, 23rd batch of ISRT hosted such a beautiful event. ISRT family cordially thanks the Director, the picnic committee, the … [ Read More ]
Recent Faculty Publications (Selected)
- Dey R and Islam M A (2017). A conditional count model for repeated count data and its application to GEE approach. Statistical Papers, 58(2), 485-504.
- Islam, MA and Chowdhury, RI : A generalized right truncated bivariate Poisson regression model with applications to health data. PLoS ONE, 12(6), 2017.
- Mahmud S and Islam, MA (2019). Predictive ability of covariate dependent Markov models and classification tree for analyzing rainfall data in Bangladesh. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, DOI: 10.1007/s00704-019-02812-0 (forthcoming)
- Hasan M, Sutradhar I, Akter T, Das Gupta R, Joshi H, Haider MR, et al. (2018). Prevalence and determinants of hypertension among adult population in Nepal: Data from Nepal Demographic and Health Survey 2016. PLoS ONE 13(5) (https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0198028).
- Khan, J.R., Sheikh, M.T., and Muurlink, O. (2019). Breastfeeding termination and its determinants in Bangladesh: current status data modeling. Early Child Development and Care. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/03004430.2019.1595609
- Khan, J.R., Biswas, R.K., Sheikh, M.T., and Huq, M. (2019). Factors associated with the availability of iodized salt at household level: A case study in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition. doi: 10.1017/S1368980018003907
- M.H.R. Khan and J.E.H. Shaw (2019). Variable Selection for Accelerated Lifetime Models with Synthesized Estimation Techniques. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 28(3): 937-952 (doi: 10.1177/0962280217739522).
- M.H.R. Khan, M.M. Islam and F. Ababneh (2017). Consanguineous Marriage in Jordan: An Update. Journal of Biosocial Science, pp. 1-6 .
- T.T. Islam and M.H.R. Khan (2017). Optimal Portfolio Determination for Developing Country's Vulnerable Stock Market Data. Journal of Statistics & Management Systems. 20(3): 337-354.
- M.B. Hossain, M.H.R. Khan, F. Ababneh and J.E.H. Shaw (2018). Identifying Factors Influencing Contraceptive Use in Bangladesh: Evidence from BDHS 2014 Data, BMC Public Health, 18:192 (published online).
- M.B. Hossain and M.H.R. Khan (2018). Role of Parental Education on Reduction of Prevalence of Childhood Undernutrition in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition, M.B. Hossain and M.H.R. Khan (July, 2018). Role of Parental Education on Reduction of Prevalence of Childhood Undernutrition in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition, 21(10): 1845-1854 (doi: 10.1017/S1368980018000162). (doi: 10.1017/S1368980018000162, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan (2018). On The Performance of Adaptive Pre-processing Technique in Analysing High-dimensional Censored Data. Biometrical Journal , 60(4): 687-702 (doi: 10.1002/bimj.201600256,).
- M.M. Islam, M.H.R. Khan and T. Hawlader (February, 2018). Modified Profile Likelihood Estimation for the Weibull Regression Models in Survival Analysis. Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, 1-15 (doi: , 0.1080/03610926.2018.1472784published online).
- Mondol MH, Rahman MS (2019). Bias reduced and separation-proof GEE with small or sparse longitudinal binary data. Statistics in Medicine (Early view).
- Rahman MS, Rumana AS (2019). A model-based concordance-type index for evaluating the added predictive ability of novel risk factors and markers in the logistic regression models. Journal of Applied Statistics (Early view).
- Roy PK, Khan MHR, Akter T and Rahman MS (2019). Exploring socio-demographic-and geographical-variations in prevalence of diabetes and hypertension in Bangladesh: Bayesian spatial analysis of national health survey data. Spatial and Spatio-temporal Epidemiology Vol 29: 71-83. .
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60
- Rahman MS, Sultana M (2017). Performance of Firth-and log F-type penalized methods in risk prediction for small or sparse binary data. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:33.
- Mia MN, Hanifi SMA, Rahman MS, Sultana A, Hoque S, Bhuiya, A (2017). Prevalence, pattern and sociodemographic differentials in smokeless tobacco consumption in Bangladesh: evidence from a population-based cross-sectional study in Chakaria. BMJ Open, 7(1).
- Bhuyan MJ, Islam MA, Rahman MS (2018). A bivariate Bernoulli model for analyzing malnutrition data. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, Vol 18(2).
- Collis RA, Rahman MS, Watkinson O, Guttman OP, O'Mahony, Elliott PM (2018). Outcomes following the surgical management of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Cardiology, Vol 265(15).
- Mia MN, Rahman MS, Roy PK (2018). Sociodemographic and geographical inequalities in under- and overnutrition among children and mothers in Bangladesh: a spatial modelling approach to a nationally representative survey. Public Health Nutrition. Vol 21(13).
- Alam, M. I., B. Bogacka, and D. Stephen Coad (2017). Pharmacokinetically guided optimum adaptive dose selection in early phase clinical trials. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 111, 183-202.
- Ali, M., Salehnejad, R. and Mansur, M. (2017). Hospital Heterogeneity: What Drives the Quality of Health Care, European Journal of Health Economics, pp 1-24.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- B. Bogacka, Mahbub A. H. M. Latif, S. Gilmour, and Y. Kuresh (2017). “Optimum designs for non-linear mixed effects models in the presence of covariates”. Biometrics, 73(3), 927-937.
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101
- Mohammad Samsul Alam, Syed Shahadat Hossain & Farha Ferdous Sheela (2019): Spatial smoothing of low birth weight rate in Bangladesh using Bayesian hierarchical model, Journal of Applied Statistics, DOI: 10.1080/02664763.2019.1572722
- Roy, Paritosh K. and Gulshan, Jahida and Hossain, Syed S. (2017). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 5(1), 25-42.
- S. S. Hossain and N. Awan (2017). Efficient Estimation in Two-stage Randomized Clinical Trials Using Ranked Sets, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics.