ISRT successfully ran the maiden “R for Data Analytics” training program for this year during July 29 – August 16, 2018. The closing and certificate giving ceremony for the program took place in the ISRT auditorium on the 16th of August 2018. The chief guest of the ceremony, the Honorable Pro-Vice Chancellor (administration) of University … [ Read More ]
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
ISRT, Statistics department and Qazi Motahar Husain Foundation jointly arranged a program on July 30 at TSC Auditorium to celebrate the 121th birthday of the founder of ISRT, National Professor Dr. Qazi Motahar Husain. The students who stood first in the honors and masters from Applied Statistics, ISRT and Statistics Department were given medals and … [ Read More ]
ISRT started an inaugural training program on “R for Data Analytics” on the 29th of July 2018 for two weeks. This training program is the maiden training program on R from any academic institute or department of the university in Bangladesh. ISRT director, Professor Dr. Israt Rayhan inaugurated the program. The training program offers a … [ Read More ]
ISRT successfully ran the Stata and SPSS training programs for the April-May 2018 session. The closing and certificate giving ceremony for both programs took place in the ISRT auditorium on the 14th of May 2018. Unfortunately the chief guest of the ceremony, the Honorable Pro-Vice Chancellor (academic) of University of Dhaka, could not attend the … [ Read More ]
ISRT student Tasneem Fatima Alam from 20th batch of Applied Statistics received ISRT Golden Jubilee Gold Medal Award today for attaining the highest CGPA in their B.S. honors examination. The award giving ceremony took place at the ISRT building. The Vice Chancellor of University of Dhaka, Professor Dr. Mohammad Akhtaruzzaman, presented the gold medal and certificate … [ Read More ]
Recent Faculty Publications (Selected)
- Sheikh, M.T., Uddin, M.N., and Khan, J.R. (2017). A comprehensive analysis of trends and determinants of HIV/AIDS knowledge among the Bangladeshi women based on Bangladesh Demographic and Health Surveys, 2007-2014. Archives of Public Health, 75 (1): 59. doi: 10.1186/s13690-017-0228-2
- S. S. Hossain and N. Awan (2017). Efficient Estimation in Two-stage Randomized Clinical Trials Using Ranked Sets, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics.
- Roy, Paritosh K. and Gulshan, Jahida and Hossain, Syed S. (2017). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 5(1), 25-42.
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1
- B. Bogacka, Mahbub A. H. M. Latif, S. Gilmour, and Y. Kuresh (2017). “Optimum designs for non-linear mixed effects models in the presence of covariates”. Biometrics, 73(3), 927-937.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- Ali, M., Salehnejad, R. and Mansur, M. (2017). Hospital Heterogeneity: What Drives the Quality of Health Care, European Journal of Health Economics, pp 1-24.
- Alam, M. I., B. Bogacka, and D. Stephen Coad (2017). Pharmacokinetically guided optimum adaptive dose selection in early phase clinical trials. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 111, 183-202.
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60
- Rahman MS, Sultana M (2017). Performance of Firth-and log F-type penalized methods in risk prediction for small or sparse binary data. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:33.
- Mia MN, Hanifi SMA, Rahman MS, Sultana A, Hoque S, Bhuiya, A (2017). Prevalence, pattern and sociodemographic differentials in smokeless tobacco consumption in Bangladesh: evidence from a population-based cross-sectional study in Chakaria. BMJ Open, 7(1).
- Bhuyan MJ, Islam MA, Rahman MS (2018). A bivariate Bernoulli model for analyzing malnutrition data. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, Forthcoming.
- Collis RA, Rahman MS, Watkinson O, Guttman OP, O'Mahony, Elliott PM (2018). Outcomes following the surgical management of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction: A systematic review and meta-analysis. InternatiAonal Journal of Cardiology, Vol 265(15).
- Mia MN, Rahman MS, Roy PK (2018). Sociodemographic and geographical inequalities in under- and overnutrition among children and mothers in Bangladesh: a spatial modelling approach to a nationally representative survey. Public Health Nutrition. Forthcoming.
- M. H. R. Khan and J.E.H. Shaw (2017). Variable Selection for Accelerated Lifetime Models with Synthesized Estimation Techniques. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. (doi: 10.1177/0962280217739522, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan, M.M. Islam and F. Ababneh (2017). Consanguineous Marriage in Jordan: An Update. Journal of Biosocial Science, pp. 1-6 .
- T.T. Islam and M.H.R. Khan (2017). Optimal Portfolio Determination for Developing Country's Vulnerable Stock Market Data. Journal of Statistics & Management Systems. 20(3): 337-354.
- M.B. Hossain, M.H.R. Khan, F. Ababneh and J.E.H. Shaw (2018). Identifying Factors Influencing Contraceptive Use in Bangladesh: Evidence from BDHS 2014 Data, BMC Public Health, 18:192 (published online).
- M.B. Hossain and M.H.R. Khan (2018). Role of Parental Education on Reduction of Prevalence of Childhood Undernutrition in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition, (doi: 10.1017/S1368980018000162, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan (2018). On The Performance of Adaptive Pre-processing Technique in Analysing High-dimensional Censored Data. Biometrical Journal , 60(4): 687-702 (doi: 10.1002/bimj.201600256,).
- Dey R and Islam M A (2017). A conditional count model for repeated count data and its application to GEE approach. Statistical Papers, 58(2), 485-504.
- Islam, MA and Chowdhury, RI : A generalized right truncated bivariate Poisson regression model with applications to health data. PLoS ONE, 12(6), 2017.
- Hasan M, Sutradhar I, Akter T, Das Gupta R, Joshi H, Haider MR, et al. (2018). Prevalence and determinants of hypertension among adult population in Nepal: Data from Nepal Demographic and Health Survey 2016. PLoS ONE 13(5) (https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0198028).