ISRT PhD student Sheikh Mohammad Sayem (Supervisor-Professor Dr. Syed Shahadat Hossain) has been awarded the “National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship” for his PhD first year, 2017-18. This fellowship is worth of 300,000 BDT. Also, fifteen ISRT MS students have been awarded the “National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship” for their MS Thesis works for … [ Read More ]
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
ISRT faculty member Dr. Md Hasinur Rahaman Khan (Associate Professor) has been named as the recipient of the “IBC2018 Travel Award Fund” by IBS (International Biometric Society) to participate in the 29-th International Biometric Conference (IBC) to be held on 8-13 July 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. ISRT congratulates him for this success. … [ Read More ]
ISRT faculty member Dr. Anower Hossain (Assistant Professor) has been named as the recipient of the “Conference Awards for Scientists (CASc)” by ISCB (International Society for Clinical Biostatistics) for 2018. Dr. Hossain is one of the few recipients of CASc from the developing countries. The award will be handed over to Dr. Hossain including other … [ Read More ]
ISRT faculty member Professor Dr. Tamanna Howlader has been selected for “ISI Young Ambassador to IBS” award by ISI (International Statistical Institute) and IBS (International Biometric Society) jointly for 2018. Professor Howlader is one of the two recipients of this award for 2018. The award will be handed over to Professor Howlader by the International … [ Read More ]
On the 25th of February, 2018 ISRT organized Freshers’ reception for the new first year bachelor students (batch 24) and gave farewell to its eldest Masters students (batch 19). The day-long event was held in the TSC auditorium. Professor Dr. Nasreen Ahmad, the Honorable Pro-vice Chancellor of University of Dhaka, was present as the chief … [ Read More ]
Recent Faculty Publications (Selected)
- Sheikh, M.T., Uddin, M.N., and Khan, J.R. (2017). A comprehensive analysis of trends and determinants of HIV/AIDS knowledge among the Bangladeshi women based on Bangladesh Demographic and Health Surveys, 2007-2014. Archives of Public Health, 75 (1): 59. doi: 10.1186/s13690-017-0228-2
- S. S. Hossain and N. Awan (2017). Efficient Estimation in Two-stage Randomized Clinical Trials Using Ranked Sets, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics.
- Roy, Paritosh K. and Gulshan, Jahida and Hossain, Syed S. (2017). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 5(1), 25-42.
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1
- B. Bogacka, Mahbub A. H. M. Latif, S. Gilmour, and Y. Kuresh (2017). “Optimum designs for non-linear mixed effects models in the presence of covariates”. Biometrics, 73(3), 927-937.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- Ali, M., Salehnejad, R. and Mansur, M. (2017). Hospital Heterogeneity: What Drives the Quality of Health Care, European Journal of Health Economics, pp 1-24.
- Alam, M. I., B. Bogacka, and D. Stephen Coad (2017). Pharmacokinetically guided optimum adaptive dose selection in early phase clinical trials. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 111, 183-202.
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60
- Rahman MS, Sultana M (2017). Performance of Firth-and log F-type penalized methods in risk prediction for small or sparse binary data. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:33.
- Mia MN, Hanifi SMA, Rahman MS, Sultana A, Hoque S, Bhuiya, A (2017). Prevalence, pattern and sociodemographic differentials in smokeless tobacco consumption in Bangladesh: evidence from a population-based cross-sectional study in Chakaria. BMJ Open, 7(1).
- M. H. R. Khan and J.E.H. Shaw (2017). Variable Selection for Accelerated Lifetime Models with Synthesized Estimation Techniques. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. (doi: 10.1177/0962280217739522, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan, M.M. Islam and F. Ababneh (2017). Consanguineous Marriage in Jordan: An Update. Journal of Biosocial Science, pp. 1-6 .
- T.T. Islam and M.H.R. Khan (2017). Optimal Portfolio Determination for Developing Country's Vulnerable Stock Market Data. Journal of Statistics & Management Systems. 20(3): 337-354.
- M.B. Hossain, M.H.R. Khan, F. Ababneh and J.E.H. Shaw (2018). Identifying Factors Influencing Contraceptive Use in Bangladesh: Evidence from BDHS 2014 Data, BMC Public Health, 18:192 (published online).
- M.B. Hossain and M.H.R. Khan (2018). Role of Parental Education on Reduction of Prevalence of Childhood Undernutrition in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition, (doi: 10.1017/S1368980018000162, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan (2018). On The Performance of Adaptive Pre-processing Technique in Analysing High-dimensional Censored Data. Biometrical Journal, (doi: 10.1002/bimj.201600256, published online).