After 8 years, 20th batch of ISRT had undertaken a successful excursion to India on 27th Dec, 2017. ISRT faculty members M. Shafiqur Rahman and Paritosh Kumar Roy supervised and guided this team with immense effort during the whole expedition. They started their journey from Kolkata visiting the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) and explored Victoria … [ Read More ]
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Dr. Khan Abdul Matin has joined ISRT as an Honorary Professor on 2nd January, 2018. He was a Professor and Former Director (Tenure: 04/1994 – 12/1994, 01/1996 – 01/1999) of ISRT. He started his journey as a Lecturer in the Statistics Department of Chittagong College in 1969. He is a former faculty of the Department of … [ Read More ]
ISRT is very pleased to congratulate Dr. Anower Hossain, Assistant Professor, ISRT, for attaining his PhD in Medical Statistics from the Department of Medical Statistics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), United Kingdom. His thesis title was “Missing data in cluster randomised trials”. ISRT is proud of his accomplishment and wishes him many more successes. … [ Read More ]
Professor Dr. M Humayun Kabir, former distinguished faculty member of ISRT, died at his home in the capital late Sunday, December 24, 2017. He was 75. He was born in 1943 in Noakhali district. The ISRT family is deeply shocked and saddened to hear of the death news. The ISRT family would like to extend … [ Read More ]
ISRT faculty members Dr. Pk. Md. Motiur Rahman, Dr. Md. Amir Hossain, Dr. M. Iftakhar Alam, Mr. Paritosh Kumar Roy, and Mrs Humayera Islam have attended the first ever International Workshop on Poverty Statistics in Kathmandu Nepal from December 11-14, 2017. The workshop is organized by International Statistical Institute (ISI) and National Statistical Institute of … [ Read More ]
Recent Faculty Publications
- Sheikh, M.T., Uddin, M.N., and Khan, J.R. (2017). A comprehensive analysis of trends and determinants of HIV/AIDS knowledge among the Bangladeshi women based on Bangladesh Demographic and Health Surveys, 2007-2014. Archives of Public Health, 75 (1): 59. doi: 10.1186/s13690-017-0228-2
- Roy, Paritosh K. and Gulshan, Jahida and Hossain, Syed S. (2017). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 5(1), 25-42.
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1
- B. Bogacka, Mahbub A. H. M. Latif, S. Gilmour, and Y. Kuresh (2017). “Optimum designs for non-linear mixed effects models in the presence of covariates”. Biometrics, 73(3), 927-937.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- Ali, M., Salehnejad, R. and Mansur, M. (2017). Hospital Heterogeneity: What Drives the Quality of Health Care, European Journal of Health Economics, pp 1-24.
- Alam, M. I., B. Bogacka, and D. Stephen Coad (2017). Pharmacokinetically guided optimum adaptive dose selection in early phase clinical trials. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 111, 183-202.
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60
- Rahman MS, Sultana M (2017). Performance of Firth-and log F-type penalized methods in risk prediction for small or sparse binary data. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:33.
- Mia MN, Hanifi SMA, Rahman MS, Sultana A, Hoque S, Bhuiya, A (2017). Prevalence, pattern and sociodemographic differentials in smokeless tobacco consumption in Bangladesh: evidence from a population-based cross-sectional study in Chakaria. BMJ Open, 7(1).
- M. H. R. Khan and J.E.H. Shaw (2017). Variable Selection for Accelerated Lifetime Models with Synthesized Estimation Techniques. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. (doi: 10.1177/0962280217739522, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan, M.M. Islam and F. Ababneh (2017). Consanguineous Marriage in Jordan: An Update. Journal of Biosocial Science, pp. 1-6 .
- T.T. Islam and M.H.R. Khan (2017). Optimal Portfolio Determination for Developing Country's Vulnerable Stock Market Data. Journal of Statistics & Management Systems. 20(3): 337-354.