ISRT successfully ran the Stata and SPSS training programs for the April-May 2018 session. The closing and certificate giving ceremony for both programs took place in the ISRT auditorium on the 14th of May 2018. Unfortunately the chief guest of the ceremony, the Honorable Pro-Vice Chancellor (academic) of University of Dhaka, could not attend the … [ Read More ]
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
ISRT student Tasneem Fatima Alam from 20th batch of Applied Statistics received ISRT Golden Jubilee Gold Medal Award today for attaining the highest CGPA in their B.S. honors examination. The award giving ceremony took place at the ISRT building. The Vice Chancellor of University of Dhaka, Professor Dr. Mohammad Akhtaruzzaman, presented the gold medal and certificate … [ Read More ]
Recently (on January 27, 2018) ISRT hosted the first ever reunion of ISRT Alumni Association (ISRTAA) at its premises. DU Vice Chancellor Professor Md Akhtaruzzaman inaugurated the day’s programme as the chief guest. ISRT Director Professor Dr Md Israt Rayhan, Supernumerary Professor of the institute Dr M Sekander Hayat Khan, Associate Professor Dr Md Hasinur … [ Read More ]
ISRT PhD student Sheikh Mohammad Sayem (Supervisor-Professor Dr. Syed Shahadat Hossain) has been awarded the “National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship” for his PhD first year, 2017-18. This fellowship is worth of 300,000 BDT. Also, fifteen ISRT MS students have been awarded the “National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship” for their MS Thesis works for … [ Read More ]
ISRT faculty member Dr. Md Hasinur Rahaman Khan (Associate Professor) has been named as the recipient of the “IBC2018 Travel Award Fund” by IBS (International Biometric Society) to participate in the 29-th International Biometric Conference (IBC) to be held on 8-13 July 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. ISRT congratulates him for this success. … [ Read More ]
Recent Faculty Publications (Selected)
- Sheikh, M.T., Uddin, M.N., and Khan, J.R. (2017). A comprehensive analysis of trends and determinants of HIV/AIDS knowledge among the Bangladeshi women based on Bangladesh Demographic and Health Surveys, 2007-2014. Archives of Public Health, 75 (1): 59. doi: 10.1186/s13690-017-0228-2
- S. S. Hossain and N. Awan (2017). Efficient Estimation in Two-stage Randomized Clinical Trials Using Ranked Sets, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics.
- Roy, Paritosh K. and Gulshan, Jahida and Hossain, Syed S. (2017). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 5(1), 25-42.
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1
- B. Bogacka, Mahbub A. H. M. Latif, S. Gilmour, and Y. Kuresh (2017). “Optimum designs for non-linear mixed effects models in the presence of covariates”. Biometrics, 73(3), 927-937.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- Ali, M., Salehnejad, R. and Mansur, M. (2017). Hospital Heterogeneity: What Drives the Quality of Health Care, European Journal of Health Economics, pp 1-24.
- Alam, M. I., B. Bogacka, and D. Stephen Coad (2017). Pharmacokinetically guided optimum adaptive dose selection in early phase clinical trials. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 111, 183-202.
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60
- Rahman MS, Sultana M (2017). Performance of Firth-and log F-type penalized methods in risk prediction for small or sparse binary data. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:33.
- Mia MN, Hanifi SMA, Rahman MS, Sultana A, Hoque S, Bhuiya, A (2017). Prevalence, pattern and sociodemographic differentials in smokeless tobacco consumption in Bangladesh: evidence from a population-based cross-sectional study in Chakaria. BMJ Open, 7(1).
- Bhuyan MJ, Islam MA, Rahman MS (2018). A bivariate Bernoulli model for analyzing malnutrition data. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, Forthcoming.
- M. H. R. Khan and J.E.H. Shaw (2017). Variable Selection for Accelerated Lifetime Models with Synthesized Estimation Techniques. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. (doi: 10.1177/0962280217739522, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan, M.M. Islam and F. Ababneh (2017). Consanguineous Marriage in Jordan: An Update. Journal of Biosocial Science, pp. 1-6 .
- T.T. Islam and M.H.R. Khan (2017). Optimal Portfolio Determination for Developing Country's Vulnerable Stock Market Data. Journal of Statistics & Management Systems. 20(3): 337-354.
- M.B. Hossain, M.H.R. Khan, F. Ababneh and J.E.H. Shaw (2018). Identifying Factors Influencing Contraceptive Use in Bangladesh: Evidence from BDHS 2014 Data, BMC Public Health, 18:192 (published online).
- M.B. Hossain and M.H.R. Khan (2018). Role of Parental Education on Reduction of Prevalence of Childhood Undernutrition in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition, (doi: 10.1017/S1368980018000162, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan (2018). On The Performance of Adaptive Pre-processing Technique in Analysing High-dimensional Censored Data. Biometrical Journal, (doi: 10.1002/bimj.201600256, published online).
- Dey R and Islam M A (2017). A conditional count model for repeated count data and its application to GEE approach. Statistical Papers, 58(2), 485-504.
- Islam, MA and Chowdhury, RI : A generalized right truncated bivariate Poisson regression model with applications to health data. PLoS ONE, 12(6), 2017.