13 students and 4 faculty members of ISRT have been awarded Dean’s Award of the faculty of science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh on January 16, 2019. Nasrin Lipi, Noor Jahan Akter, Ashfia Tasnim Munia, Avizit Chandra Adhikary, and Momenul Haque Mondol of academic session 2014-2015; Rownak Jahan Tamanna, and Md. Mynul Islam of academic session … [ Read More ]
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Orientation program of the 25th batch of Applied Statistics held today (January 10, 2019; Thursday) from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the ISRT seminar room. Total 52 new first year students were welcomed by ISRT director. Supernumerary Professor Dr. M Sekander Heyat Khan and Qazi Motahar Hossain Chair Professor Dr. M. Ataharul Islam also welcome and wish the new comers. … [ Read More ]
ISRT is pleased to welcome four new faculty members: Ms. Nasrin Lipi (18th batch) , Ms. Noor Jahan Akter (18th batch), Mr. Md. Mynul Islam (19th batch), Ms. Rownak Jahan Tamanna (19th batch). They were the students of Applied Statistics and pursued their B.S. and M.S. degrees from ISRT. They have joined ISRT on 28th of November, 2018. ISRT … [ Read More ]
ISRT faculty member Dr. Anower Hossain has joined ISRT as Associate Professor on November 28, 2018. Dr. Hossain was working as the Assistant Professor of ISRT before. ISRT family congratulates Dr. Hossain for his promotion! … [ Read More ]
ISRT successfully ran two training programs “Applied Statistics Using SPSS” and “Applied Statistics Using Stata” during October 16 – November 17, 2018. The closing and certificate giving ceremony for the programs together took place in the ISRT auditorium on the 25th of November 2018. The Honorable Director of ISRT, Professor Dr. Israt Rayhan presented certificates … [ Read More ]
Recent Faculty Publications (Selected)
- Dey R and Islam M A (2017). A conditional count model for repeated count data and its application to GEE approach. Statistical Papers, 58(2), 485-504.
- Islam, MA and Chowdhury, RI : A generalized right truncated bivariate Poisson regression model with applications to health data. PLoS ONE, 12(6), 2017.
- Mahmud S and Islam, MA (2019). Predictive ability of covariate dependent Markov models and classification tree for analyzing rainfall data in Bangladesh. Theoretical and Applied Climatology (forthcoming).
- M. H. R. Khan and J.E.H. Shaw (2017). Variable Selection for Accelerated Lifetime Models with Synthesized Estimation Techniques. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. (doi: 10.1177/0962280217739522, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan, M.M. Islam and F. Ababneh (2017). Consanguineous Marriage in Jordan: An Update. Journal of Biosocial Science, pp. 1-6 .
- T.T. Islam and M.H.R. Khan (2017). Optimal Portfolio Determination for Developing Country's Vulnerable Stock Market Data. Journal of Statistics & Management Systems. 20(3): 337-354.
- M.B. Hossain, M.H.R. Khan, F. Ababneh and J.E.H. Shaw (2018). Identifying Factors Influencing Contraceptive Use in Bangladesh: Evidence from BDHS 2014 Data, BMC Public Health, 18:192 (published online).
- M.B. Hossain and M.H.R. Khan (2018). Role of Parental Education on Reduction of Prevalence of Childhood Undernutrition in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition, (doi: 10.1017/S1368980018000162, published online).
- M.H.R. Khan (2018). On The Performance of Adaptive Pre-processing Technique in Analysing High-dimensional Censored Data. Biometrical Journal , 60(4): 687-702 (doi: 10.1002/bimj.201600256,).
- M.M. Islam, M.H.R. Khan and T. Hawlader (February, 2018). Modified Profile Likelihood Estimation for the Weibull Regression Models in Survival Analysis. Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, 1-15 (doi: , 0.1080/03610926.2018.1472784published online).
- Hasan M, Sutradhar I, Akter T, Das Gupta R, Joshi H, Haider MR, et al. (2018). Prevalence and determinants of hypertension among adult population in Nepal: Data from Nepal Demographic and Health Survey 2016. PLoS ONE 13(5) (https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0198028).
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60
- Rahman MS, Sultana M (2017). Performance of Firth-and log F-type penalized methods in risk prediction for small or sparse binary data. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:33.
- Mia MN, Hanifi SMA, Rahman MS, Sultana A, Hoque S, Bhuiya, A (2017). Prevalence, pattern and sociodemographic differentials in smokeless tobacco consumption in Bangladesh: evidence from a population-based cross-sectional study in Chakaria. BMJ Open, 7(1).
- Bhuyan MJ, Islam MA, Rahman MS (2018). A bivariate Bernoulli model for analyzing malnutrition data. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, Forthcoming.
- Collis RA, Rahman MS, Watkinson O, Guttman OP, O'Mahony, Elliott PM (2018). Outcomes following the surgical management of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction: A systematic review and meta-analysis. InternatiAonal Journal of Cardiology, Vol 265(15). <li
- Alam, M. I., B. Bogacka, and D. Stephen Coad (2017). Pharmacokinetically guided optimum adaptive dose selection in early phase clinical trials. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 111, 183-202.
- Ali, M., Salehnejad, R. and Mansur, M. (2017). Hospital Heterogeneity: What Drives the Quality of Health Care, European Journal of Health Economics, pp 1-24.
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- B. Bogacka, Mahbub A. H. M. Latif, S. Gilmour, and Y. Kuresh (2017). “Optimum designs for non-linear mixed effects models in the presence of covariates”. Biometrics, 73(3), 927-937.
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101
- Mohammad Samsul Alam, Syed Shahadat Hossain & Farha Ferdous Sheela (2019): Spatial smoothing of low birth weight rate in Bangladesh using Bayesian hierarchical model, Journal of Applied Statistics, DOI: 10.1080/02664763.2019.1572722
- Roy, Paritosh K. and Gulshan, Jahida and Hossain, Syed S. (2017). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 5(1), 25-42.
- S. S. Hossain and N. Awan (2017). Efficient Estimation in Two-stage Randomized Clinical Trials Using Ranked Sets, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics.
- Sheikh, M.T., Uddin, M.N., and Khan, J.R. (2017). A comprehensive analysis of trends and determinants of HIV/AIDS knowledge among the Bangladeshi women based on Bangladesh Demographic and Health Surveys, 2007-2014. Archives of Public Health, 75 (1): 59. doi: 10.1186/s13690-017-0228-2
Mia MN, Rahman MS, Roy PK (2018). Sociodemographic and geographical inequalities in under- and overnutrition among children and mothers in Bangladesh: a spatial modelling approach to a nationally representative survey. Public Health Nutrition. Forthcoming.