ISRT faculty Dr. Mohammad Lutfor Rahman has left Bangladesh to join the one-year Post-doctoral research fellowship program under the project title: ‘Urban TB – Modelling the Time to Detection of Urban Tuberculosis, considering individual and contextual delays. Who should we blame?’. He will be supervised by Professor Carla Nunes at Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, Universidade … [ Read More ]
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Mr. Anower Hossain has joined ISRT as an Assistant Professor on 15th November, 2017 after successfully defending his Ph.D thesis. He was on leave for pursuing his higher studies from Department of Medical Statistics, The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom. ISRT family congratulates him on his great achievement and welcomes him back! … [ Read More ]
On 14th November, 2017, ISRT organized the closing ceremony of the training programs, SPSS and Applied Statistics & Stata and Applied Statistics conducted by Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), University of Dhaka. Dr. Md. Abdul Aziz, honorable Dean, Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka was the chief guest of this auspicious event and … [ Read More ]
Our beloved faculty member Dr. Md. Asaduzzaman has taken early retirement from ISRT on 1st September, 2017. Dr. Md. Asaduzzaman was a student of the first batch of Applied Statistics and graduated from ISRT in 2001. He joined ISRT in 2001 as a lecturer and was promoted to Assistant Professor in 2005. After completing his Masters in … [ Read More ]
Md. Rashedul Haque has joined ISRT as an Assistant Professor today on 17th October 2017. He was on leave for his Masters on Biostatistics from Department of Statistics, University of British Columbia (UBC). ISRT family welcomes him back! … [ Read More ]
Recent Faculty Publications
- Roy, Paritosh K. and Gulshan, Jahida and Hossain, Syed S. (2017). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 5(1), 25-42.
- M.M. Islam, F. Ababneh and M.H.R. Khan (August, 2017). Consanguineous Marriage in Jordan: An Update. Journal of Biosocial Science, pp. 1-6. (DOI: 10.1017/S0021932017000372)
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1
- B. Bogacka, Mahbub A. H. M. Latif, S. Gilmour, and Y. Kuresh (2017). “Optimum designs for non-linear mixed effects models in the presence of covariates”. Biometrics, 73(3), 927-937.
- Ali, M., Salehnejad, R. and Mansur, M. (2017). Hospital Heterogeneity: What Drives the Quality of Health Care, European Journal of Health Economics, pp 1-24.
- Alam, M. I., B. Bogacka, and D. Stephen Coad (2017). Pharmacokinetically guided optimum adaptive dose selection in early phase clinical trials. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 111, 183-202.
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60.