Dr M. Shafiqur Rahman
- Formulation and validation of risk prediction models
- Modeling clustered/longitudinal data
- Causal Inference
- Medical Statistics
- Public Health
Mia MN, Rahman MS, Roy PK (2018). Sociodemographic and geographical inequalities in under- and overnutrition among children and mothers in Bangladesh: a spatial modelling approach to a nationally representative survey. Public Health Nutrition. Forthcoming.
- Collis RA, Rahman MS, Watkinson O, Guttman OP, O’Mahony, Elliott PM (2018). Outcomes following the surgical management of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction: A systematic review and meta-analysis. InternatiAonal Journal of Cardiology, Vol 265(15).
- Bhuyan MJ, Islam MA, Rahman MS (2018). A bivariate Bernoulli model for analyzing malnutrition data. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, Vol18(2).
- Akter T, Sarker EB, Rahman MS (2018). A tutorial on GEE with applications to diabetes and hypertension data from a complex survey. Journal of Biomedical Analytics, Vol 1(1).
- Mondol MH, Rahman MS (2017). A comparison of internal validation methods for validating predictive models for binary data with rare events. Journal of Statistical Research, Vol 51(2).
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60.
- Rahman MS, Sultana M (2017). Performance of Firth-and log F-type penalized methods in risk prediction for small or sparse binary data. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:33.
- Rahman MS (2013). Estimating vaccine efficacy under the heterogeneity of vaccine action in a non-randomly mixing population. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, 23(2):394-412.
- Rahman MS, Howlader T, Masud MS, Rahman ML (2016). Association of Low-Birth Weight with Malnutrition in Children under Five Years in Bangladesh: Do Mother’s Education, Socio-Economic Status, and Birth Interval Matter?. PLoS ONE, 11(6).
- Rahman MS, Islam MA (2007). Markov structure based logistic regression for repeated measures: An application to Diabetes Mellitus Data. Statistical Methodology, 4(4):448-460.
- Lopes LR, Rahman MS, Elliott PM (2013). A systematic review and meta-analysis of genotype–phenotype associations in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy caused by sarcomeric protein mutations. Heart, 99(24):1800-11.
- Guttmann OP, Rahman MS, O’Mahony C, Anastasakis A, Elliott PM (2014). Atrial fibrillation and thromboembolism in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: systematic review. Heart, 100(6):465-72.
For full list of publication visit google scholar.
- Validation measures for prognostic models for independent and correlated binary and survival outcomes. Unpublished PhD thesis (2012), UCL
- Estimating vaccine efficacy in a population stratified into households. Unpublished MSc thesis (2008), University of Nottingham.
- Markov structure based logistic regression for repeated measures: an application to diabetes mellitus data. Unpublished MSc thesis (2002), University of Dhaka
Awards and Grants
- Educational Ambassadorship (2015). Awarded by the American Statistical Association (ASA).
- Conference Scientist Award (2015). Awarded by the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB) in the 36th Annual Conference, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Travel Grant (2014). Funded by the Word Bank and ISI for attending Regional Statistics Congress, 16-20 November 2014, Malayesia.
- Research Grant (2013-2014). Funded by the University Grant Commission Bangladesh for the project entitled “Disease mapping in Bangladesh”.
- Costas Goutis Prize (2010). Awarded by the Department of Statistical Science, UCL, UK for research student excellence.
- Travel Grant (2013). Funded by the Word Bank and ISI for attending 59th ISI World Statistics Congress, 25-30 August 2013, Hongkong.
- Deans Award (2000). Awarded by the Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh for the performance in BSc (honours) examination in Statistics.
Courses currently teaching
- Lifetime Data Analysis. Undergraduate level
- Epidemiology. Undergraduate level
- Statistical Computing: Survival Analysis and GLM
- Analysis of Longitudinal Data. Graduate level
- Design of Experiments. Undergraduate level
- Generalized Linear Models. Undergraduate level
- Meta Analysis. Graduate level