Dr. Qazi Motahar Hussain
Dr Quazi Motahar Hussain founded the Institute of Statistical Research and Training in 1964 and became its first director. He was born in Faridpur, Bangladesh on July 30, 1897 and died on October 9, 1981. The wikipage on Dr. Qazi Motahar Hussain.
- BSc (Honors) in Physics (Kolkata, 1919), MA in Physics (Kolkata, 1921), MA in Mathematics (Kolkata, 1939), Diploma in Statistics (Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, 1939), PhD in Statistics (Dhaka, 1951)
- Design of experiments
- Hussain QM (1940). A note on examination marks, Sankhya, 4, pp 563-566.
- Hussain QM (1941). Standardization of examination marks, Sankhya, 5, pp 295-300.
- Hussain QM (1943). A note on interaction, Sankhya, 6, pp 321-322.
- Hussain QM (1945). Symmetrical incomplete block design with \lambda=2, k=8 or 9, Bulletin of Calcutta Mathematical Society, 37, pp 115-123.
- Hussain QM (1945). On the totality of solutions for symmetrical incomplete block designs: \lambda= 2, k = 5 or 6, Sankhya, 7, pp 204-208.
- Hussain QM (1946). Impossibility of symmetric incomplete block designs: \lambda= 2, k = 7, Sankhya, 7, pp 317-322.
- Hussain QM (1948). Structure of some incomplete block designs, Sankhya, 8, pp 381-384.
- Hussain QM (1948). Alternative proof of the impossibility of the symmetric design with \lambda= 2, k = 7, Sankhya, 8, pp 384.
- Hussain QM (1954). An alternative proof of the number of m-flats in n-dimensional finite projective geometry from Galois field g.f. [p], where p is it prime number and n is a positive integer, Proc. Pakistan Statist. Association, pp 3-4, 1954-55.
- Hussain QM (1958). Star design, Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin, 8, pp 110-118 (addendum 8, pp 69), 1958-59.
- Hussain QM (1961). A note on the symmetrical balanced incomplete block (SBIB) design with k=9: \lambda=2, Bulletin of International Statistical Institute, 38(4), pp 11-16.