Dr. Pk. Md. Motiur Rahman
ISRT, University of Dhaka
Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
pkmotiuryahoo [dot] com
|Office:||Room No. 111|
Poverty issues, Macro Analysis of Poverty, Inequality and Development issues in rural Bangladesh
Business Cycles and Seasonal Cycles in Bangladesh (jointly with Tatsufumi Yamagata): Discussion Paper Series. Institute of Developing Economies. Tokyo, Japan, April, 2004.
Poverty and Women Development: Journal of East Asian Studies, Yamaguchi University, Japan, No.2, December, 2003.
Identification of Factors for Non-Enrollment and Dropout in Primary Schools: A Multivariate Statistical Analysis (Jointly with Md. Shahadut Hossain). Teacher’s World (Journal of Education and Research), University of Dhaka , Vol. 24-25, December 2000-June 2002.
Determination of Balanced Food Bundle and Absolute Food Poverty Line:An Optimization Approach (Jointly with Md. Shahadut Hossain). The Indian Economic Journal, Vol. 48, No.4, April-June 2000-2001.
On Measuring Landholding Mobility in Rural Bangladesh : (Jointly with S. Huda). Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 32, No.2, April-June, 1997.
Macro Analysis of Poverty Situation in South Asian Countries with Special Reference to Pakistan , Proceedings, 6 th Statistical Seminar, University of Karachi , Pakistan , 1996.
Population and Poverty; Critical Policy Measures: (Jointly with A. Hossain). Asian Economic Review, Vo. XXXVII, No. 3, Hyderabad , India , December, 1995.Poverty Alleviation:Government and Non-Government Organization Interventions: In Rehman Sobhan ed., Experiences with Economic Reform: A Review of Bangladesh’s Development, University Press Ltd., 1995.
Macro Aspects of Poverty in SAARC countries: (Jointly with Mazaffer Ahmed); Journal of Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies, Vol. 14, No. 3, 1993.
On some Measurements of Poverty: (Jointly with S. Huda); The Indian Economic Journal, Vol. 39, No. 4, April-June, 1992.
Decomposition of Income Inequality in Rural Bangladesh : (Jointly with: S. Huda); Modern Asian Studies. Cambridge University Press, Vol. 26, Part-1, U.K. 1992.
Land Reforms, Emerging Classes and Process of Polrization in Rural Bangladesh : Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh (Humanities), Dhaka , Vol. 35, No.2, 1990.
Aquarium Culture Studies on the Effects of Fertilizers on Plankton: (jointly with: Ameen, M. Tahmida, Z.N. and Haider , S.A. ). Tropical Ecology (International Society for Tropical Ecology), Vol.31, No.2, India , 1990.
Employment, Wages and Level of Living of Agricultural Labours in Bangladesh : The Asian Economic Review, Vol. XXXI, No.1, Hyderabad , India, 1989.
Urban-Rural Disparity in Consumption and Its Demand in Bangladesh : Proceedings of a National workshop, Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics, 1989.
Some Aspects of Income Distribution in Rural Bangladesh : Applied Economics, Chapman and Hall Ltd. Vol.20, U.K. 1988.
For more papers, see Dr. Motiur's CV.
Poverty and Women Development in Bangladesh : International Conference on Gender and Development in East Asia , Yamaguchi University , Japan , 15-16 November, 2002.
Evaluation of Development on Socio-Economic Front in East and South East Asia: A Portrait of 13 Countries: The Graduate School of East Asian Studies, Faculty of Economics, Yamaguchi University, 18 th November, 2002.
Linkage Between Population Policies and Poverty Policies: Expert Group Meeting, Organized by ESCAP, Bangkok , Thailand , 11-13, September, 1985.
Poverty Issues in Rural Bangladesh : University Press Limited, Dhaka , April, 1984.
Contribution to Books
Bangladesh in the New Millennium, edited by Professor Abul Kalam, International Relation, University of Dhaka, UPL, 2003.
The Budget and the Poor, A Study Commission by IDPAA, PROSHIKA and conducted by Shamunnay, UPL, 2000.
The Budget-Making Process, A Study Commissioned by IDPAA, PROSHIKA and conducted by Shamunnay, UPL, 2000.
Experiences with Economic Reform: A Review of Bangladesh’s Development edited by Professor Rehman Sobhan, Centre for Policy Dialogue, published by UPL, 1995.
Research report published
- A Study on Health and Education. Second Plan/Perspective Plan Study Report Series: General Economics and Evaluation Division; Planning Commission; Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh , April, 1979.
- An Evaluation of the IRDP Pilot Project on Rural Women’s Co-operative and Population Planning: (Jointly with: Dr. A.N.M. Azizur Rahman and Md. Rafiqul Islam). Center for Quantitative Economic Research, Department of Theoretical Economics, University of Dhaka , May 1979.
- Family Composition and Consumption of Sugar in Bangladesh : Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), University of Dhaka , November, 1980.
- Urban-Rural Household Expenditure Patterns in Bangladesh : Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), University of Dhaka , November, 1980.
- A Study on the Identification of Causes of Low Attendance and Estimation of Dropout from Schools with Special Reference to Class I and Girls Students: (sponsored by UNICEF), Dhaka 1992.
- A Tracer Study on Compulsory Primary Education in Dhaka Division: (sponsored by UNICEF), 1993.
- A Tracer Study on Technical Graduates of UCEF: (sponsored by UCEF), Dhaka , 1993.
- Post Doctoral Research: Macro Analysis of Poverty Situation in Selected Countries, Institute of Developing Economies; Tokyo, Japan, April 4 to December 3, 1994.
- Ph.D., University of Dhaka, 1992, Dissertation being: “Poverty, Inequality and Development in Rural Bangladesh: Trends and Issues”.
- M. Phil., University of Dhaka, 1975. Dissertation being: An Econometric Analysis of Production and Consumption of Sugar in Bangladesh.
- Member, International Association of Survey Statisticians, Paris , France.
- Founder Member, Islamic Society of Statistical Science, Lahore , Pakistan.
- Member , Bangladesh Statistical Association, Dhaka, Bangladesh.