mahsinisrt [dot] ac [dot] bd
- MS in Applied Statistics, University of Dhaka
- B.Sc. in Applied Statistics, University of Dhaka
- Bayesian Statistics
- Survival Analysis
- Econometric Methods
- Md. Mahsin, Yesmin Akhter and Monira Begum (2012). Modeling Rainfall in Dhaka Division of Bangladesh Using Time Series Analysis, Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Application, Vol. 1 (5) : 67-73
- Abul Kalam Azad and Md. Mahsin (2011). Forecasting Exchange Rates of Bangladesh using ANN and ARIMA Models: A Comparative Study. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCED ENGINEERING SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGIES , Vol. 10 (1):31-36
- Md. Mahsin and Hossain S. S (2011). Population Forecasts for Bangladesh using a Bayesian Methodology, Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, (accepted).
- Md. Mahsin and Hossain S. S (2010). Population Forecasting of Bangladesh using Bayesian Approach: Bayesian Approach Application to Demography, VDM Verlag Dr. Muller
- Md. Mahsin and Hossain S. S (2009). Population Projection of Bangladesh using MCMC Technique in Bayesian Inference. South Asian Journal of Population and Health, Vol.2(1), 89-98.
Awards and Scholarships
- Moulovi Ahmed Memorial Scholarship for First Year Result.
- Fazlul Huq Muslim Hall Scholarship.
- ISRT Merit Scholarship.
- Mutual Trust Bank Scholarship in cooperation with Dhaka University Alumni Association.
- UNFPA Research Fellowship for Master’s Thesis Programme.
- University Grant Commission Scholarship in cooperation with Janata Bank for Honors Result from the Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka.
- Provost Award (Based on Hon’s Result), 2010.
- Analysis of Repeated Measurements
- Population Studies
- Principles of Economics
- Environmental Statistics
- Generalized Linear Model
- Modelling Time Series Data
- Md. Omar Faruque(2008): Detection of heteroscedasticity and its remedial measures for GDP data of Bangladesh. MS project in Applied Statistics.
- Farzana Afrin(2010): Identifying an Appropriate model for forecasting exchange rate of Bangladesh. BSc(Hons.) Project in Applied Statistics.
- Rafia Nur Hride (2010): Risk factors for under-five child mortality and socio-economic inequalities between classes of Bangladesh.
- Amena Sultana (2010): Factors affecting to maternal health care services in Bangladesh.
- Mahsin, M.(2009). An Application of Bayesian Methods to the Population Forecasting of Bangladesh,MS thesis in Applied Statistics, ISRT, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Mahsin, M.(2007). Effect of Skewness and Kurtosis on Relative Precision of Ranked Set Sampling (RSS) and Median Ranked Set Sampling (MRSS),B.Sc (Hons.) project in Applied Statistics, ISRT, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Life member, Bangladesh Statistical Association