ISRT, University of Dhaka
Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
gulshanisrt [dot] ac [dot] bd
|Office:||Room No. 405|
Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Survival Analysis, Statistical Inference, Stochastic Process, Regression Analysis, Applied Statistics
Wavelet Estimation of Density and Hazard Rate for Randomly Right Censored Data(2005).
- Mahmud, S., Ahmed, S.S., Gulshan, J. and Tasneem, F. (2015). Etiology of Portal Hypertension in Children-An Experience in a Tertiary Centre of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Child Health; VOL 39 (1) : 14-17 (available at http://bpabd.org/journals/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/19-22.pdf).
- Hossain, S.M.F., Gulshan, J. and Khanam, P.A. (2015). Type 2 diabetes in Bangladesh and associated risk factors, International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries (available at http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13410-015-0376-2).
- Gulshan,J., Mina, M. M. and Hossain, S. S. (2015). Migration Pattern in Bangladesh: A Covariate Dependent Markov Model, Journal of Applied Statistics , 42 (7), 1519 -1530.(available at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02664763.2014.1001327.).
- Gulshan, J. and Farah S. (2014). Age of First Infection of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Dhaka Metropolitan City, Dhaka University Journal of Science , 62 (1), 49-53. (available at http://www.banglajol.info/index.php/DUJS/article/view/21961)
- Sultana, A. and Gulshan, J. (2014). Extent and Background Factors of Physical and Mental Disability in Bangladesh, Dhaka University Journal of Science , 62 (1), 55-58. (available at http://www.banglajol.info/bd/index.php/DUJS/article/view/21962)
- Gulshan, J., Archie, R.J. and Bhuiyan, A. (2013). Determinants of Child Immunization in Bangladesh: An Ordinal Logistic Regression Approach, South Asian Journal of Population and Health , 6 (1 & 2), 1-11.
- Sultana, A and Gulshan, J (2013). Quantile Regression Models with Partially Functional Effects for Randomly Right Censored Data: A Simulation Study, Journal of Statistical Research,, 47(1), 51-62. (available at http://jsr.isrt.ac.bd/index.php/journal/article/view/16/0)
- Chowdhury, R. I., Islam, M.A., Gulshan, J. and Chakroborty, N. (2007). Delivery complications and healthcare-seeking behaviour: the Bangladesh Demographic Health Survey, 1999-2000, Health & Social Care in the Community, 15 (3),254-264. (available at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2524.2006.00681.x/full)
- Gulshan, J., Chowdhury, R. I., Islam, M. A. and Akhter, H. H. (2005). GEE Models for Maternal Morbidity in Rural Bangladesh, Austrian Journal of Statistics, Vol.34, No.3,295-304.
- Chowdhury, F., Gulshan, J. and Hossain, S. S. A Comparison of Semi-parametric and Nonparametric Methods for Estimating Mean Time to Event for Randomly Left
Censored Data, Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods (Accepted for publication).
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2015). Extent and Determinants of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh, Indian Journal of Maternal and Child Health (Accepted for publication).
Paper Published in Conference Proceedings
- Jahida Gulshan and M. Ataharul Islam (2002). An Extension of GEE for Repeated measures with Polytomous Responses, Biostatistical Aspects of Health and Epidemiology,(eds.) C M Pandey, U Singh & P Mishra, Prakashan Kendra, Lucknow, 205-213.
[The book is the proceedings of 19th Annual Conference of Indian Society for Medical Statistics held at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, During December 1-3,2001.]
Paper Presented in Conference
- Roy, P.K., Gulshan, J and Hossain, S.S.(2014). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, presented in First International Conference on Applied Statistics, ICAS 2014, held at University of Dhaka from December 27-29, 2014.
- Gulshan, J and Oyet, A. J. (2005). Wavelet Estimation of Density and Hazard Rate for Randomly Right Censored Data, presented in 33rd Annual Meeting of Statistical Society of Canada, held at University of Saskatchewan from June 12-15, 2005.
Courses currently teaching
- Stochastic Process (undergraduate level)
- Statistical Computing III (undergraduate level)
- Sampling Techniques (undergraduate level)
- Advanced Survival Analysis (graduate level)
- Statistical Inference (undergraduate level)
- Applied Regression Analysis (undergraduate level)
- Life time Data Analysis (undergraduate level)
- Epidemiology (undergraduate level)
- Population Studies (undergraduate level)
- Research Methodology (undergraduate level)