Dr. Khandoker Shuvo Bakar
bakarisrt [dot] ac [dot] bd
- MS in Applied Statistics, University of Dhaka
- BSc (Honours) in Applied Statistics, University of Dhaka
Environmental Statistics, Bayesian Analysis, Econometrics, Sampling
- Bakar, K.S. (2009 ?), Income Effect and GDP Growth in SAARC: A Spatial Regression Analysis. The Dhaka University Journal of Science. (accepted on 16 Sep 2008).
- Bakar, K.S. and Rasel, S. (2008) Fitting Knowledge Capital Model in Developing Countries: A Tobit Analysis. The Jahangirnagar Economic Review, Vol.19, pp.63-71.
- The paper titled as "Trade and Income Inequality in SAARC: A Spatial Analysis " has been accepted for presentation in the International Conference on Modelling for Growth, Development and Poverty Alleviation (GDP2007), Kathmandu, Nepal, Dec 16-18, 2007. The conference was organised by the University of Hull, UK; and the Kathmandu University.
- Presented a paper titled as "Applying Knowledge Capital Model in Developing Countries: A Tobit Analysis" in the 10th National Statistical Conference organised by Bangladesh Statistical Association (BSA) on July 6-7, 2007 at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Important Courses Taught
- ASTM 501: Advanced Statistical Inference
- ASTM 511: Environmental Statistics
- ASTH 410: Research Planning and Field Training
- ASTH 403: Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- AST 307: Research Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- ASTH 305: Sample Survey II
- ASTH 308: Social Statistics (partial)
- AST 206: Introductory Sampling Methods
- A Sampling Method for Environmental Roaming Population. 2005, MS thesis
- Factors Affecting Contraceptive Use Among Currently Married Women of Bangladesh, 2004, BSc project report
- Life member, Bangladesh Statistical Association (BSA)