Dr. Md. Amir Hossain
ISRT, University of Dhaka
Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
amirisrt [dot] ac [dot] bd
|Office:||Room no. 108|
BSc (Hons), MSc (Dhaka), PhD (Jadavpur)
Environmental Statistics (Esp. Ground Water Arsenic Contamination in Bangladesh and India), Data mining, Data analysis and interpretation.
- Dipankar Chakraborti, Mrinal Kumar Sengupta, Mohammad Mahmudur Rahman, Sad Ahamed, Uttam Kumar Chowdhury, Md. Amir Hossain, Subash Chandra Mukherjee, Shyamapada Pati, Kshitish Chandra Saha, R.N.Datta and Quazi Quamruzzaman (2004): “Groundwater arsenic contamination and its health effects in the Ganga-Meghna-Brahmaputra plain”. Journal of Environmental Monitoring. 2004, 6, 74-83.
- Dipankar Chakraborti, Mrinal Kumar Sengupta, Mohammad Mahmudur Rahman, Uttam Kumar Chowdhury, Dilip Lodh, Sad Ahamed, Md. Amir Hossain, Gautam Kumar Basu, Subash Chandra Mukherjee and Kshitish Chandra Saha (2003): “Ground Water Arsenic Exposure in India ”. Arsenic Exposure and Health Effects V. Edited by W.R. Chappell, C.O. Abermath, R.L. Calderonand D.J. Thomas, 2003; Elsevier Science, Amesterdam-Lausanne-New-York-Oford-Tokyo.
- M. Amir Hossain and Pk. Md. Motiur Rahman (2002): “Identification of Causes and Incidence of Low Attendance and Dropout from School: A Multivariate Analysis”. Teacher’s World, Journal of Education and Research, Vol. 21-23, pp 23-30.
- A. Maleque, B. Nath and M. Amir Hossain (2002): “Relationship between Class Characteristics of Parents and Participation Levels of Students: A Contemporary Phenomenon of Dhaka City ”. Teacher’s World, Journal of Education and Research, Vol. 24-25, pp 199-210.
- M. Amir Hossain and Anwarul H. Joarder (1999): “Estimation of the Scale Matrix of the Class of Elliptical Distributions”. Dhaka University Journal of Science, 1999, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp.221-228.
- Anwarul H. Joarder and M. Amir Hossain (1996): “Estimation of the Eigen Values of the Scale Matrix of the Class of Elliptical Distributions”. Statistica, Bologna, Italy.
- M. Amir Hossain et al. (1996): “Effect of Storage on the Physico-chemical Characteristics of Soybean Oil”. Bangladesh Journal of Biochemistry , Vol. 2, No. 2, pp 41-48
- Anwarul H. Joarder and M. Amir Hossain (1995): “Estimation of the Trace of the Scale Matrix of the Scale Mixture of Multivatiate Normal Distributions”. Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, 1995, Vol. No. 3, pp 565-572.
- Pk. Md. Motiur Rahman and M. Amir Hossain (1995): “Population and Poverty: Critical Policy Measures”. The Asian Economic Review, Vol. XXXVII, No.3, pp 507-518.
- M. Amir Hossain et al. (1995): “Comparative Ecology of the Jute in Relation to Environmental Factors, Growth of two Cultivars of Jute (D 154 and CVL 1) at Different Photoperiods”. International Journal of Ecology and Environmental Science. Vol. 21, pp 223-230.
Papers in Press
- Mohammad Mahmudur Rahman, Mrinal Kumar Sengupta, Sad Ahamed, Uttam Kumar Chowdhury, Dilip Lodh, Md. Amir Hossain, Bhaskar Das, Dipankar Chakraborti, Kshitish Chandra Saha, Imrul Kaies and Ajoy Kishore Barua. “Status of groundwater arsenic contamination and human suffering in a gram panchayet (cluster of villages) in Murshidabad, one of the nine arsenic affected districts in West Bengal, India”. Journal of Water and Health (Accepted).
- Mohammad Mahmudur Rahman, Mrinal Kumar Sengupta, Sad Ahamed, Uttam Kumar Chowdhury, Md. Amir Hossain, Bhaskar Das, Dilip Lodh, , Kshitish Chandra Saha, Shyamapada Pati, Imrul Kaies, Ajoy Kishore Barua and Dipankar Chakraborti. “The magnitude of arsenic contamination in ground water and its health effects to the inhabitants of the jalangi-one of the 85 arsenic affected blocks in West Bengal, India”. Science of the Total Environment (Accepted).
- A. Maleque, M. Begum and M. Amir Hossain, “Classroom Performance of the Secondary School Teachers in Bangladesh: An Evaluation“. Teacher’s World, Journal of Education and Research (Accepted).
- T. J. Siddique and M. Amir Hossain. “Expenditure pattern of the middle Income group people of Dhaka City : A CPI Approach” Dhaka University Journal of Business Studies (Accepted).