Dr Md Asaduzzaman
ISRT, University of Dhaka
|Telephone:||+880 2 9661920 - 72 ext 8300|
asadisrt [dot] ac [dot] bd
|Office:||Room no. 203|
BSc (Honours), MSc (DU), MSc (Chalmers), PhD (Westminster)
- Stochastic Operational Research: I am mainly interested in loss model which is a special type of queueing model with zero buffer or without waiting space for performance measure, capacity and resource planning and management in health care, telecommunication and other communication networks where overflow may also arise.
- Stochastic Environmental and Financial Research: I have also interests in stochastic modelling mainly Markov process, semi-Markov process, space-time process in earth and environmental sciences and finance.
- Asaduzzaman, M and Latif, AHMM (2014). Forecasting tropical cyclones in Bangladesh: a Markov renewal approach, Forthcoming as a book chapter in Computational intelligence techniques in earth and environmental sciences. Springer.
- Asaduzzaman, M and Chaussalet, TJ (2014). Capacity planning of a perinatal network using generalised loss network model with overflow, European Journal of Operational Research Vol 232(1), pp 178-185. An earlier version of the paper titled "A generalized loss network model with overflow for capacity planning of a perinatal network" can be found at arXiv:1110.6544.
- Asaduzzaman, M and Chaussalet, TJ (2011). An overflow loss network model for capacity planning of a perinatal network, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society), Vol 174(2), pp 403-417.
- Asaduzzaman, M, Chaussalet, TJ, Adeyemi, S, Chahed, S, Hawdon, J, Wood, D and Robertson, NJ (2010). Towards effective capacity planning in a perinatal network centre, Archives of Disease in Childhood, Vol 95(4), pp F283-F287.
- Asaduzzaman, M, Chaussalet, TJ and Robertson, NJ (2010). A loss network model with overflow for capacity planning of a neonatal unit, Annals of Operations Research, Vol 178(1), pp 67-76.
- Adeyemi, S, Chaussalet, TJ, Xie, H and Asaduzzaman, M (2010). Random effects models for operational patient pathways, Journal of Applied Statistics, Vol 37(4), pp 691-701.
See complete list of publications on Google Scholar.
Honours and Awards
- Dean's Honour Award 2012, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Runner-up of the Best PhD in 2010 by the Operational Research Society, UK (awarded in September 2011).
- OR53, Annual Conference of the Operational Research Society, 6-8 September 2011, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK.
- First International Conference on Theory and Applications of Statistics, 26-28 December 2010, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Course AST 532: Comprehensive Statistical Computing (M.S. level).
- Course AST 401: Advanced Probability and Stochastic Process (4th Year Honours level).
Current Research Topics
- A point process model for earthquake occurrences in Bangladesh (with Mahadi Hossain Bhuiyan).
- Modelling hospital patient flow through emergency department: a case study on DMCH (with SM Ferdous Hossain).
- Stock return modelling using HMM: an application to Dhaka stock exchange data (with Golam S. Shakil).