Dr Md Asaduzzaman
I am on-leave, and working at Staffordshire University. (www.mdasad.com)
asad @ isrt.ac.bd
BSc (Hon's), MSc (Dhaka), MSc (Chalmers), PhD (Westminster)
- Stochastic Operational Research: I am mainly interested in queueing, other stochastic models and mathematical progamming for performance measure, capacity and resource planning and management in health care, telecommunication and other communication networks where overflow may arise.
- Asaduzzaman M and Latif AHMM (2014). Forecasting tropical cyclones in Bangladesh: a Markov renewal approach, Computational intelligence techniques in earth and environmental sciences, Islam T, Gupta M, Mukherjee S, Zhu X, Srivastava P. (Eds.), Chapter 7, 129-140.
- Raouf A, Asaduzzaman M and Patwary MN (2016). Radio resource sharing framework for cooperative multi-operator networks with dynamic overflow modelling, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Forthcoming (Published online).
- Khalili A, Soliman AA and Asaduzzaman M (2015). Quantum particle filter: a multiple mode method for low delay abrupt pedestrian motion tracking, Electronics Letters, 51(16), 1251-1253.
- Asaduzzaman M and Latif AHMM (2014). A parametric Markov renewal model for predicting tropical cyclones in Bangladesh, Natural Hazards, 73(2), 597-612.
- Asaduzzaman M and Chaussalet TJ (2014). Capacity planning of a perinatal network using generalised loss network model with overflow, European Journal of Operational Research 232(1), 178-185.
- Asaduzzaman M and Chaussalet TJ (2011). An overflow loss network model for capacity planning of a perinatal network, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society), 174(2), 403-417.
- Asaduzzaman M, Chaussalet TJ and Robertson NJ (2010). A loss network model with overflow for capacity planning of a neonatal unit, Annals of Operations Research, 178(1), 67-76.
- Adeyemi S, Chaussalet TJ, Xie H and Asaduzzaman M (2010). Random effects models for operational patient pathways, Journal of Applied Statistics, 37(4), 691-701.
See complete list of publications on Google Scholar.
Awards and Honours
- First runner-up of "The Doctoral Award" in 2010, ("Most Distinguished Body of Research leading to the Award of a Doctorate in the field of O.R."), Operational Research Society, UK.
- Dean's Honour Award 2012 for the "Best paper" in Lecturer/Assistant Professor category, Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- School of Engineering Seminar Series, 24 September 2014, Staffordshire University, UK.
- OR53, Annual Conference of the Operational Research Society, 6-8 September 2011, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK.
- First International Conference on Theory and Applications of Statistics, 26-28 December 2010, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.