Dr Md Asaduzzaman
I am on-leave and working at the Staffordshire University, UK.
Lecturer, Math and Stat Division
Computing, Engineering and Sciences
Room S216 Mellor Building
Stoke-on-Trent ST4 2DE
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1782 294707|
asad @ isrt.ac.bd; md.asaduzzaman @ staffs.ac.uk
BSc (Honours), MSc (DU), MSc (Chalmers), PhD (Westminster)
- Stochastic Operational Research: I am mainly interested in queueing, other stochastic models or mathematical progamming for performance measure, capacity and resource planning and management in health care, telecommunication and other communication networks where overflow may also arise.
- Stochastic Environmental Research: I have also interests in stochastic modelling mainly Markov process, semi-Markov process, space-time process in earth and environmental sciences.
- Asaduzzaman, M and Latif, AHMM (2014). Forecasting tropical cyclones in Bangladesh: a Markov renewal approach, Computational intelligence techniques in earth and environmental sciences, Islam T, Gupta M, Mukherjee S, Zhu X, Srivastava P. (Eds.), Chapter 7, 129-140
- Asaduzzaman, M and Latif, AHMM (2014). A parametric Markov renewal model for predicting tropical cyclones in Bangladesh, Natural Hazards, 73(2), 597-612.
- Asaduzzaman, M and Chaussalet, TJ (2014). Capacity planning of a perinatal network using generalised loss network model with overflow, European Journal of Operational Research 232(1), 178-185.
- Asaduzzaman, M and Chaussalet, TJ (2011). An overflow loss network model for capacity planning of a perinatal network, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society), 174(2), 403-417.
- Asaduzzaman, M, Chaussalet, TJ, Adeyemi, S, Chahed, S, Hawdon, J, Wood, D and Robertson, NJ (2010). Towards effective capacity planning in a perinatal network centre, Archives of Disease in Childhood, 95(4), F283-F287.
- Asaduzzaman, M, Chaussalet, TJ and Robertson, NJ (2010). A loss network model with overflow for capacity planning of a neonatal unit, Annals of Operations Research, 178(1), 67-76.
- Adeyemi, S, Chaussalet, TJ, Xie, H and Asaduzzaman, M (2010). Random effects models for operational patient pathways, Journal of Applied Statistics, 37(4), 691-701.
See complete list of publications on Google Scholar.
Honours and Awards
- Dean's Honour Award 2012, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Runner-up of the Best PhD in 2010 by the Operational Research Society, UK (awarded in September 2011).
- OR53, Annual Conference of the Operational Research Society, 6-8 September 2011, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK.
- First International Conference on Theory and Applications of Statistics, 26-28 December 2010, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.