For the first time, ISRT Students’ Club arranged a group presentation on current affairs which was held on August 8, 2017. Total 11 teams from all the batches participated in the competition. Honorable faculty members Professor Dr. Syed Shahadat Hosaain, Professor Dr. Md. Amir Hossain and Professor Dr. Md. Israt Rayhan, Director, ISRT judged the competition. All the … [ Read More ]
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
ISRT faculty members Dr. Md. Hasinur Rahaman Khan and Paritosh Kumar Roy have attended the 38th Annual Conference of the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics organized by The International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB). The conference was held in Vigo, Spain from 9th-13th July, 2017. Statisticians, clinicians, epidemiologists, clinical chemists and clinical pharmacologists from different parts … [ Read More ]
ISRT, Statistics department and Qazi Motahar Husain Foundation jointly arranged a program on July 30 at TSC Auditorium to celebrate the 120th birthday of the founder of ISRT, National Professor Dr. Qazi Motahar Husain. The students who stood first in the honors and masters from Applied Statistics, ISRT and Statistics Department were given medals and … [ Read More ]
ISRT faculties Dr. M. Shafiqur Rahman and Dr. M. Iftakhar Alam have been selected for the positions Professor and Associate Professor, respectively, on June 12, 2017. Dr. M. Shafiqur Rahman was working as the Associate Professor and Dr. M. Iftakhar Alam was working as the Assistant Professor of ISRT before. Congratulations to both of them! … [ Read More ]
ISRT students Rownak Jahan Tamanna and Md. Mynul Islam from 19th batch of Applied Statistics received ISRT Golden Jubilee Gold Medal Award today for obtaining the highest CGPA in their B.S. honors examination. The award giving ceremony took place at ISRT seminar room. The Vice Chancellor of the University of Dhaka, Professor Dr. AAMS Arefin … [ Read More ]
Recent Faculty Publications
- Roy, Paritosh K. and Gulshan, Jahida and Hossain, Syed S. (2017). Spatially Revised Estimation of Infant Mortality in Bangladesh, Spatial Demography, 5(1), 25-42.
- M.M. Islam, F. Ababneh and M.H.R. Khan (August, 2017). Consanguineous Marriage in Jordan: An Update. Journal of Biosocial Science, pp. 1-6. (DOI: 10.1017/S0021932017000372)
- Das, S. and Gulshan, J. (2017).Different Forms of Malnutrition among under Five Children in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study on Prevalence and Determinants, BMC Nutrition, 3:1
- Alam, M. I., B. Bogacka, and D. Stephen Coad (2017). Pharmacokinetically guided optimum adaptive dose selection in early phase clinical trials. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 111, 183-202.
- Masud, M. S., Borisyuk, R. and Stuart, L.(2017). Advanced correlation grid: Analysis and visualisation of functional connectivity among multiple spike trains. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 286: 78-101
- Anower Hossain, Karla DiazOrdaz and Jonathan W. Bartlett (2017). Missing binary outcomes under covariate dependent missingness in cluster randomised trials. Statistics in Medicine, 36(19), 3092-3109. DOI: 10.1002/sim.7334.
- Rahman MS, Ambler G, Choodari-Oskooei B, Omar R (2017). Review and evaluation of performance measures for survival prediction models in external validation settings. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 17:60.